Kenya Children’s Home (KCH) was established by the Balcraig Foundation in 2002 when the Scottish charity took over the running of the former Thomas Barnardo House in Nairobi.
The orphanage is the flagship project of KCH and is home to up to 200 orphaned, destitute and abandoned babies and children at any one time.
Since its inception, KCH has grown significantly, extending its support far beyond the reach of the Nairobi orphanage, with the commencement and development of many other community projects throughout Kenya.
These projects continue to enrich the lives of many hundreds of Kenyan children and adults every day.
Job Title: Care Giver
Reporting to: Nursery Supervisor
Duty station: Nairobi
Key Responsibility: To ensure that the day to day needs of the children are met, being a guide, role model and mother of all the children under your care as they develop physically, mentally and spiritually in an atmosphere of utmost love and understanding.
Make the Abandoned Babies unit a “haven”.
- Ensure that work methods laid down are adhered to
- Ensure high level of hygiene in all activities.
- Ensure all children under your care are clean, well fed, well dressed and all basic needs met.
- Monitor the children’s grown and development and report any abnormal observations to the nurse in charge.
- Ensure that new entrants are rehabilitated to recover from trauma earlier experienced.
- Assist in taking the children to the hospital and immunization.
- Ensure high standard of discipline in all children under your care at all times entrenching Christian values.
- Keep the home administration posted on all the developments and shortcomings in your area of operation.
- Being involved in all activities pertaining to the children e.g. medical checkups, games, watching television/videos, outings, amongst others.
- Guide volunteers as they help in the daily chores in the nursery.
- Being accountable for all Nursery property.
- Keep abreast with development and improvements in a child growth through learning.
- Give medication as per the doctors / nurse’s prescription.
- Participate in the home’s training programs.
- Participate and contribute in section meetings
- Participate in fundraising events as periodically organized in the Home.
- Ensure that your other talents are utilized for the betterment of the Home as a whole.
- Carry out any other duties as may be detailed by administration
Skills & Qualifications
- Preference will be given to candidates who have at least one year experience in handling children.
- Must be between the ages of 28 and 35 years.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills with proficiency in English;
- Must be a team player with the ability to work with others to achieve high goals in a fast paced and high pressured environment;
- Must be a self-starter with ambition who can work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Possess at least a K.C.S.E certificate. Any additional training will be an added advantage.
If you believe you merit the above requirements, please email us a Cover Letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae with three referees, email and day-time telephone contact to email@example.com before 18th May 2018.
Hard copies can be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Children’s Homes(Thomas Barnardos House)
Lang’ata Road,Opposite Wilson Airport next to Weston Hotel
The e-mail should have a subject line: Care Giver.
Kindly indicate current and expected salary on your application
Only candidates short-listed for the interview will be contacted.