The Kenya Medical Association Sacco Ltd (KMA Sacco) is a medium sized and rapidly growing financial institution for doctors in Kenya.
Our mission is to proactively mobilize savings and provide Innovative products, services and solutions to encourage and facilitate investment in the healthcare sector.
To keep pace with our recent growth, the Sacco is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Credit Officer II
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Credit and Recoveries Manager or designee the Credit officer II shall be responsible for the efficient administration of the loan processing process and the generation of related management reports in accordance with the policies of KMA SACCO and in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
Loan application processing
- Receive record and promptly appraise all loan application forms, and forward them to the assigned finance executive for checking.
- Thoroughly evaluate the credit worthiness of loan applicants applying the prescribed financial background checks.
- Accurately amortize loan applications and communicate repayment obligations to applicants.
- Accurately and promptly prepare loan appraisal/processing reports for review by the Credit Committee and the board.
- Handle assigned member enquiries related to loan management.
Loan performance monitoring
- Monitor and report regularly on the Loan disbursement Turnaround Time (TAT).
- Continuously monitor and accurately report the performance of assigned loan categories to ensure adherence to repayment agreements and promptly initiate debt recovery in the event of default.
Receipts posting & Member account Reconciliation
- Promptly and accurately post receipts to assigned member accounts.
- Accurately and promptly carry out reconciliation of payments in assigned member accounts.
- Efficiently manage the Credit committee meetings (scheduling and agenda) and record minutes.
- Carry out Bank agency duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Carry out any other lawful duties as may be assigned by supervisors and the Credit committee from time to time.
Professional Educational Qualifications:
- Secondary Education Qualification of C+ (Plus) and above in KCSE.
- A business related degree from a recognized university.
- Diploma in co-operative management/Credit management / Banking / Business Administration or any other business related diploma from a reputable institution would be an added advantage.
- Computer literate and proficient.
- At least 2 years relevant working experience preferably in a financial institution.
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the e-mail address below quoting current and expected salary by 2nd June 2018.
KMA Sacco Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Only e-mail applications shall be accepted.
The General Manager,
Kenya Medical Association Sacco Ltd,
P.O. Box 413 -00202
E-mail: recruitment email@example.com