The Kenya Medical Association Sacco Ltd (KMA Sacco) is a medium sized and rapidly growing financial institution for doctors in Kenya.
Our mission is to proactively mobilize savings and provide Innovative products, services and solutions to encourage and facilitate investment in the healthcare sector.
To keep pace with our recent growth, the Sacco is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Internal Audit Manager
- Perform independent, objective operational/financial quality assurance and auditing designed to add value and improve Sacco’s operations;
- Leading the Sacco’s Internal Audit function, performing professional internal audit work as a key component of the corporate governance structure;
- Develop and direct a comprehensive audit program including performance, financial, and compliance audit of all activities and projects within the Sacco and related entities.
- Provide direction to the Sacco’s Board and management on all audit matters;
- Provide direction and lead when necessary in the development of the annual audit plan;
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards and work independently with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment;
- Review and advice on the entire Sacco’s risks management framework in consultation with the General Manager.
- Liaise with external auditors;
- Reporting on the Internal Audit findings to the board.
- Taking part in the planning, organizing, directing and monitoring of internal audit operations, including assisting in hiring, training and evaluating audit staff and taking corrective actions to address performance problems;
- Monitoring departmental budgets and development and documentation of departmental policies and procedures;
- Supervision of Internal Audit staff including reviewing work done;
- Communicating the results of audit via written reports and oral presentations to the Management and Board of Directors;
- Developing and maintaining productive client, staff, management, and Board relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursuing professional development opportunities, including internal and external training and professional association memberships and share information gained with colleagues;
- Performing any other related work as assigned by the Management and/or the Board.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Requirements for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in B.Com or any other business related degree, with a minimum Second Upper degree class;
- Membership to professional bodies (ICPAK/IIA) a must.
- Full professional qualification: Certified Public Accountant (CPA K) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) and/or ACCA;
- Minimum of C+ in KCSE;
- MBA or CISA will be added advantage;
- At least 7 years audit experience;
- Results oriented and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- High level of independence and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Possess exemplary report writing skills.
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the e-mail address below quoting current and expected salary by 2nd June 2018.
KMA Sacco Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Only e-mail applications shall be accepted.
The General Manager,
Kenya Medical Association Sacco Ltd,
P.O. Box 413 -00202
E-mail: recruitment email@example.com