KWAL is looking for well-organized and highly motivated individuals who are result-oriented to fill the following position:
Job Title: Machinist
Function / Division: Supply Chain
Supervisor / Manager Title: Plant Engineer
Job Purpose: This is a hands-on position reporting to the Plant Engineer. The Job holder will be responsible for accurate manufacturing and assembling of machine parts, utilizing engineering drawings.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Accurate manufacturing and assembling of machine parts, utilizing engineering drawings;
- Identify and report errors in Engineering Drawings and suggest improvements;
- Inspect completed work to ensure correct quality and specifications
- Make a positive contribution towards maintaining a content, safe and tidy environment in the Engineering Machine Shop and Factory
- Carry out any other reasonable duties required to complete a task;
- Willingness to work overtime / after hours and/or on weekends when required.
- A Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a production setting in a similar organisation.
- Working technical knowledge on basic machine operations and maintenance is an added advantage.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages.
Competencies / Attributes
- Extensive work experience in a general machining workshop;
- CNC programing experience and working knowledge of AutoCAD will be advantageous;
- Work experience within an FMCG environment will be advantageous;
- Good knowledge of engineering standards and ability to read engineering drawings or layouts;
- Ability to work with precise engineering measurements and tolerances;
- Good knowledge of different types of steel and their relevant application;
- Ability to work independently, identify and solve problems and make relevant decisions;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Be self-motivated and action driven team player.
- Highly competent in SS fittings, TIG welding and general fabrication
- Maintenance of Engineering Workshop Machines and knowledge of Operations and Maintenance of closed machine gearboxes
- Have proven verbal and written communication skills
- A good appreciation of safe working procedures.
- Diligence and ability to work with little or no supervision.
- High level of integrity.
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal – Plant operations team
Work Environment: Manufacturing plant
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your updated CV with email & telephone contacts of three professional referees and the application letter quoting the Reference number & Title of the position as the subject to:
The Human Resources Director,
to be received not later than May 15, 2018.
Do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA WINE AGENCIES LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).