Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Director, Global Human Resources
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Do you want your work to matter?
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living?
Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and healthcare to people’s doorsteps. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. We teach community health workers how to assess maternal and child health and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea.
We also develop smart phone apps to guide community health worker visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And we test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
- Living Goods is expanding rapidly. Our growth is taking us to places we’ve never gone before. To help us get there, we’re looking for an Executive Assistant to members of our global Leadership team, including our CEO. Someone who dreams of being in the control room on a spaceship. Can organize meetings and events with minimal guidance. Multitasks with ease. Stays calm in a crisis.
- Screen and schedule. You will screen and organize the CEO’s telephone calls and appointment requests. Maintain the CEO’s diary and appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and organize complex travel agendas.
- Organize information. Develop a filing and retrieval system for electronic documents. Create meeting agendas and take notes during meetings. Suggest efficient ways to run the Kenya Global office and troubleshoot malfunctions. Process the CEO’s business expenses and other administrative items.
- Design documents. Develop and edit attractive memos, briefing papers, and presentations.
- Find answers. Conduct background research to aid scoping new countries for the Community Health Strengthening Team and develop briefing materials on issues and people to prepare for meeting and events.
Welcome others. Act as the point of contact for both internal and external parties. Welcome guests and help create a positive, friendly office environment.
- Experience and education. You have 3+ years’ experience in a fast-paced working environment as an Administrative Assistant, Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant to Senior Executives. You have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or other area. Experience working in a dynamic and fast paced environment is essential.
- People and info junkie. Once you join an organization you become a sponge, soaking up information quickly. You enjoy getting to learn the inner workings of an organization and meeting and getting to know employees at all levels.
- Discretion. You are a consummate professional. You have an intuitive feel for sensitive situations and you respect confidentiality.
- Organizational skills. People can rely on you because you are good at keeping calendars and timelines. You keep a tight ship and up to date to-do lists.
- Planner. You have a record planning meetings and events. You like to get the details right.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online for the Executive Assistant through our applicant tracking system. In lieu of a cover letter you will be asked to answer a few short questions that will help us learn a little bit more about you and your interest in working with Living Goods.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org
follow us @LivingGoods