Job Vacancy: Strategic Partnerships Manager
Do you want your work to matter?
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living?
Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring life-saving products and healthcare to people’s doorsteps. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
We also transform community health through mobile phones. We teach community health workers how to assess maternal and child health and treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, malnutrition, and diarrhea. We also develop smart phone apps to guide community health worker visits and create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And we test new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here.
The Opportunity: We are recruiting for several new senior Partnership Management roles to join our growing Community Health Strenthening team (CHST) in identifying, developing and managing partnerships in new and existing countries.
This role involves a range of activities including cultivating new opportunities aligned with government priorities, building relationships with potential implementing partners including technology providers and designing Living Goods’ interventions in new countries.
You will lay the groundwork for Living Goods to support community health systems strengthening in new countries, and will typically oversee a handover to our start-up operations team and in some cases, help with the start-up of new country operations.
This is a flexible, exciting role and one that is squarely positioned both at the heart of Living Goods’ strategy, and at the leading edge of our drive towards transformative change. As Living Goods is growing rapidly, this role will continue to evolve and we are open to shaping roles to fit people’s strengths and interests.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, results-focused professional with vision and entrepreneurial spirit. This is a full-time role, based in either Nairobi, Kenya or Kampala, Uganda.
You will be part of the Community Health Strengthen Team, but will also have a dotted line to the Country Director for any work based in our current countries, and can expect up to 50% travel.
- Identify and target new opportunities to work with Governments and other implementing partners including mHealth service providers.
- Develop and maintain a strong network, of NGOs and Governments, to build a pipeline of opportunities.
- Conduct research on potential opportunities to expand operations or provide technical assistance to the public sector or other implementing partners.
- Manage and prioritise the pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop and manage opportunities for Living Goods to expand operations in existing countries through new partners and into new countries.
- Ensure engagement and support for new opportunities through the management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Carry out in-country scoping trips.
- Undertake program design and budgeting work in conjunction with operations teams.
- Where relevant, lead the initial set-up of operations or structures to deliver technical assistance in existing and new countries or successfully transition to a set up team or Operations team.
- Collaborate with Living Goods’ Business Development team to support the preparation of bids and proposals in response to Government, Foundation or other
- Donor solicitations that support the strategic partnerships objectives.
- Work with the Advocacy team to further any partnership opportunities or build relationships with relevant organisations.
- Remain up to date on trends and developments in community health, health financing and mHealth solutions; innovations in community health work and work closely with business development teams to understand bilateral funding opportunities (i.e.USAID, DFID).
- Represent the organization in external high-level meetings, workshops and conferences.
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience, interacting at the senior management level, in scoping new opportunities, strategic partnerships.
- Relevant experience scoping partnerships with Governments and NGOs in the health sector, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Emerging markets experience, preferably in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Proven Experience of working strategically and in developing organizational strategy
- Superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Project leadership and management experience.
- Proven ability in driving initiatives with minimal support
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at a senior level of Government and diverse spectrum of stakeholders.
- Master’s degree preferable in Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Experience in management consulting and public health, a plus.
Compensation: A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Strategic Partnerships Manager through our applicant tracking system.
In lieu of a cover letter you will be asked to answer a few short questions that will help us learn a little bit more about you and your interest in working with Living Goods.
For more information about Living Goods, please visit: www.livinggoods.org follow us @Living_Goods