Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organization whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist missions, churches, aid and development agencies and other national groups to share the love of God.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a team that will have a life changing impact on those we serve.
MAF is currently sourcing for a high caliber, self -motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Office & Accommodation Manager at our Operations Centre at Wilson Airport in Nairobi.
The primary purpose of the position is to effectively manage MAF’s operations, properties and facilities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide a clean, safe and welcoming environment at the Operations Centre.
- Manage the upkeep, safety and security of MAF properties and rented houses.
- Co-ordinate MAF staff and Programme visitors travel arrangements.
- Manage departmental finances and ensure continued supply of MAF stationery and consumables.
- Ensure that, under the auspices of the Programme Manager, MAF-Kenya is compliant with occupational health and safety policies and requirements.
- Booking of flights, arranging payment, delivery of tickets and booking taxis.
- Ensuring visitors are dealt with warmly and their needs fulfilled.
- Managing bookings for MAF team house guests and short term houses.
- Booking conference venues, hotels and other resources.
- Managing staff designated under the Facilities and Logistics department.
- Provide direction and guidance to logistics and facilities coordinator to ensure upkeep of MAF facility and properties.
- Oversee purchasing decisions relating to facility and properties.
- Monitoring legislative changes to ensure MAF is compliant with Immigration, Customs and other relevant laws to provide updates to PM and the Logistics team.
- Setting departmental financial forecasts and ensuring the control of expenditure.
- Tracing, tracking and expedite purchase processes.
- Managing the supply of MAF stationery for all the Departments and keeping track of the stock levels for replenishment.
- Keeping proper records of consumables and ensuring they are correctly accounted for.
- Receiving all consumables and ensure quality and quantity as well as timely delivery of goods.
- Reviewing bills, invoices and purchase orders to ensure we are within Budget.
- Ensuring accuracy and track usage of all inventories.
- Ensuring repair and maintenance services of office furniture regularly.
- Liaising with office staff, in regard to maintenance issues and responding to them in a timely manner.
- Supporting progress with clear feedback, coaching or training as appropriate.
- Ensuring that work complies with MAF’s priorities, policies and standards.
- To participate in the spiritual life of MAF
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a relevant course
- Practical knowledge of Customer service and Occupational Health and Safety knowledge will have an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Management level.
- Decision making and initiative
- Flexibility towards circumstances
- Customer service focused
- Thinking and problem solving
Job type: Permanent
Personal Attributes: There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed Christian.
How to Apply
If you meet and/or possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your cover letter and CV only, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 25th May 2018.
Kindly indicate your current gross salary.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted