Job Vacancy: Medical Coordinator – Kenya Somalia
Médecins du Monde is a campaigning medical organization committed to international solidarity.
MdM addresses health needs of the poor host communities and IDP population, in Bosaso, Somalia.
In Kenya, MdM focuses on the slum areas and on the prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS and hepatitis through a broader framework of intervention, while
advocating for a sustainable harm reduction approach.
MEDCO will be in charge of implementation, follow up and supervision of medical activities of both projects: Harm Reduction in Nairobi and the Essential Package Health Services, SRH and Prefamine response in Bosaso.
More specifically, the activities are:
- Proactive response to any changes and conduct health needs assessments in communities.
- Contribute to project design, planning and monitoring tools.
- Technical supervision and capacity building of the medical team.
- Analyze and monitor medical data received from the field.
- Participate in the writing donors reports and project proposals.
- Participate to the different health. WASH and nutrition meetings.
- Ensure the supervision of the pharmacy in Nairobi and in each base through medical supervisor.
- Ensure medical treatment protocols and rational use of drugs are available.
- Doctor, nurse, midwife or public health background
- Experience in a similar position or in humanitarian action, and in mentioned fields
- Experience in negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff in difficult contexts
- Ability to train national staff and to take effective decisions according to the context
- Organizational skills, rigor and adaptability, impartiality, listening and diplomacy skills
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organization
If you believe you are the ideal candidates we are looking for, please submit your application with a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title:
Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
No application will be considered after the closing date.