Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organisation registered as a Trust of the ecumenical partnership of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK).
MEDS was started in 1986 with the core mandate of providing reliable, quality, affordable essential medicines, medical supplies, health advisory, quality control and other pharmaceutical services guided by Christian and professional values.
MEDS is seeking a candidate to fill in the following position:
Job title: Purchasing Officer
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
Job purpose: Procurement of trade and non-trade commodities and services
Duties and responsibilities
- Source for stock, non-stock items and services for customer satisfaction.
- Source for departmental and capital items for cost effectiveness to meet organizational requirements.
- Participate in the tender process for efficiency.
- Maintain procurement related records for information and decision making.
- Handle returns, complaints and other issues pertaining to Non stock items to facilitate timely resolving of client issues.
- Place overseas orders, liaise with clearing agent and verify transactional documents to facilitate payment.
- Update supplier performance records for accuracy and decision making.
- Participate in preparing end month reports for review.
- Business related degree and Diploma in Pharmacy
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a busy pharmaceutical industry
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate strong negotiation skills, communication skills, analytical skills, high level of integrity, team play, interpersonal relations and attention to detail
How to Apply
Please submit your letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae to:
Human Resources Manager
by Friday, 18th May 2018
Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.