Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future. We are looking for committed and dynamic individual to take up the following position:
Position: Talent Intern
General Position Summary: The goal of this internship is to support the implementation of various People Team projects handled by the Global Recruitment Advisor.
The Talent Intern will review the talent acquisition tools used by Global HR teams in Mercy Corps and develop standard templates and tools that could be adopted by all countries.
At the completion of this internship, the intern will:
- Have a strong understanding of recruitment, its challenges and approach;
- Acquire knowledge and experience in strategic recruitment planning;
- Understand preparation required to off board team members;
- Learn multiple administrative support functions and tasks within a fast paced, interactive office work environment;
- Gain skills in cross collaboration communication, non-complex problem solving and time management;
- Gain understanding of Mercy Corps mission and objectives.
The Intern will support the Global Recruitment Advisor through the following activities:
- Developing a recruitment tracker;
- Reviewing internal recruitment tools and make recommendations on final tools to be adopted;
- Developing an off-boarding tool;
- Reviewing the Practitioners guide and make recommendations.
- A recruitment tracker;
- Report with recommendations of recruitment tools to be adopted;
- Off-boarding tool/guide;
- Report on recommendations to the Practitioners guide.
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in the field of business administration or any other related field;
- English fluency, spoken and written;
- Prior exposure offering support in a HR department;
- Excellent communication skills;
- The aptitude to plan, organize and prioritize the tasks of a team;
- A good mastery of Excel and database management;
- Strong writing and analytical skills required;
- Ability to respect Mercy Corps procedures, to meet deadlines, to work independently and cooperatively with team members is required;
- Patient, calm, and willing to come to work each day with a sense of humor;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the context of a HR department.
Candidates interested in this internship should submit a resume demonstrating any relevant experiences related to the projects outlined to: email@example.com on or before 26th May, 2018.
You may wish to describe and demonstrate your career interests, previous work and educational experiences.
Applications will be reviewed by the hiring team on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NB: We do not charge any fees at any stage of the recruitment process