Moving The Goalposts is a unique, community-based organization that, since 2002, uses football to empower over nine thousand girls in the rural and urban areas of Coast region. Through playing football, MTG girls discover their confidence and value themselves as strong, capable young women.
MTG leagues are youth-led and managed and include girl advocates that promote health sexual choices, financial independence and female leadership. More than nine thousand girls aged 9-25 years participate in MTG’s tournaments and ongoing leagues.
Girls are encouraged to take up more leadership roles in their Community. In order for MTG to achieve its objectives, the organisation therefore wishes to fill the position here below:
Job Title: Education and Vocational Training Officer
Reporting to: The Education Health & Livelihoods Team Leader
Job Purpose: This role ensures the implementation of all activities under the education and Vocational training program which is geared towards supporting MTG girls and young women to realize their career goals by facilitating them to transition and complete schools and make informed career decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of annual Education and vocational activities in the organization.
- Implement a robust education vocational and training program where girls can continue with their education and transition to higher education.
- Build relationships with schools, vocational training centers, technical colleges, universities and potential employers for placement of girls registered in MTG program.
- Organize goal setting forums where girls will be educated on different career pathways and assist them to develop plans for placement in schools and vocational training.
- Develop a communication plan to reach out to key stakeholders and partners in implementation of Education and vocational program.
- Identify and link girls to scholarship and bursary opportunities with a view to supporting them in achieving their education and/or livelihood goals.
- Engage in mobilization and recruitment of MTG players who are not in primary or secondary school.
- Manage and oversee identification, profiling and goal setting, and placement of girls in school and vocational training
- Manage and oversee MTG award scheme program, identify and coordinate annual awarding of best leaders in MTG.
- Keep a data base of all girls who are supported by MTG to join schools, vocational training, college and university
- Organise mentorship and role model talks during MTG events; tournaments, leagues and residential training.
- Work with relevant stakeholders in the counties to strengthen the education networks.
- Implement advocacy work to ensure effective implementation of the back to school policy and other relevant gender specific policies that promote education of girls and young women at all education levels.
- Design and implement content for awareness session to girls, parents and community at large on importance of education to their community.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual plans and budgets for the section
- Maintain a data base of all girls that benefit from education and volunteer program
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation activities for the education and vocational activities
- Write concepts for resource mobilization in partnership
- Prepare departmental, annual and donor reports.
Qualifications, competencies and experience
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in development studies, social sciences or any other field relevant field.
- At least 2 years relevant work experience (working with communities in the areas of education, vocational training or resource management)
- Experience and knowledge on Education programs will be desirable
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and training.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in team situations
Application letters accompanied by a detailed CV should reach MTG on or before 25th May 2018 addressed to the Executive Director or send an e – mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure that the subject is clear with position advertised.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.