Position Title: Independent External Auditor
Background Information: Moving The Goalposts (MTG) is a unique, community-based organization that, since 2002, uses football to empower over nine thousand girls in the rural and urban areas of Coast region.
Through playing football, MTG girls discover their confidence and value themselves as strong, capable young women. MTG leagues are youth-led and managed and include girl advocates that promote health sexual choices, financial independence and female leadership.
More than nine thousand girls aged 9-25 years participate in MTG’s tournaments and ongoing leagues. Girls are encouraged to take up more leadership roles in their Community.
With headquarters in Kilifi Moving The Goalposts (MTG) has offices in Mombasa and Kwale and soon in Tana River.
Our programmes target both in-school and out-of-school girls and young women between the ages of 9 – 25 years.
MTG’s girl-centered approach has ensured that girls are central to the organization and its programmes so that they can demonstrate ability “TUNAWEZA” (We can do it).
The External Auditor will Conduct a full substantive and compliant audit to establish that but not limited to:
- Proper books/records of accounts have been maintained and are in agreement with the supporting documents.
- The books and reports give a true and fair view of financial operations of MTG
- The expenditure has been incurred in accordance with the grant agreements and approved budgets
- Evaluating the management systems in place to ensure reliability and accuracy of financial reports.
- Providing an independent opinion on the financial statements in compliance with IFRS and ISA.
- Provide an independent opinion on whether MTG is in compliance with all the governing laws and regulations.
- Offer professional advice on taxation matters relating to the organisation.
MTG now invites eligible audit firms to express their interest in providing the services. Interested audit firms must provide information demonstrating that they are qualified to offer MTG the services aforementioned.
The information to be provided should include, but not limited to:
- Description of similar assignment undertaken and availability of appropriate skills
- The information should include names and addresses of at least three clients that the firm has worked for in the past three years
- Qualification of partners and membership with a professional body
- Detailed CV’s of partner and key management staff of the audit firm
- Certificate of registration of the audit firm and number of years the firm has been in operation.
Scope of work
Eligible Audit firm should meet the following criteria:
- Compliance with legal requirements of registration
- Experience of the audit firm with audit reporting under International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- References for similar audits performed within the last three years (From 2014and above)
- Provide Audit Methodology, Proposed Work-plan, Curriculum Vitae for the partner, manager and key staff proposed for the audit team
- Audit firm and staff must be independent of MTG and its subsidiaries and affirm their independence in the engagement letter.
- Any actual or potential conflict of interest in taking up this role should be highlighted.
Note: A detailed evaluation criteria is presented in Appendix 1 below.
The key deliverables will be:
- Statements indicating if accounting standards have been applied and whether they reflect a true and fair view of the financial position of the Group
2.Management Letter where matters that are not material to the financial statements, but which the auditors wish to communicate to MTG may be reflected for management action
- Communication and Reports
- All audit reports and accompanying statements of financial condition shall, at a minimum, be presented in English.
The proposal submitted should have a maximum of 20 pages exclusive of the statutory requirements which shall be attached separately.
Expressions of interest should reach MTG on or before 25th May 2018 addressed to the Executive Director or send an e – mail to email@example.com.
Ensure that the subject is clear with position advertised. Only shortlisted Institutions will be contacted.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
Appendix 1: Evaluation Criteria
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Registration
- Copy of valid Tax Compliance certificate
- Copy of PIN Certificate
- Must submit 2 years certified copies of audited financial report (2015/2016, 2016/2017)
Total 7 Marks
Only those that meet the mandatory requirements in Section A will move to next stage of the evaluation.
- Expertise of firm / organization submitting proposal (10 Marks)
- Impartially, Independence and Perceived Conflict of Interest of the Firm ( 5 Marks)
- General Organizational Capability which is likely to affect delivery i.e. loose consortium (5 marks);
Experience in reviewing various projects funded by various donors:
- USAID (5 marks)
- Any other (3 marks)
- Is the audit methodology adopted appropriate for the task (10 marks)
- Is the presentation clear and is the sequence of activities and the planning logical, realistic and promise efficient implementation to the project? 10 marks
Team Members Experience & Expertise
- Team leader – Degree and Accountancy Professional Qualification (5 marks)
- Managers -Degree and Accountancy Professional Qualification (5 marks)
- Senior Auditors -Degree and Accountancy Professional Qualification (5 marks)
- Audit Assistants –Degree (5 marks)
- Team Leader –10 years and above (10 marks)
- Managers – 8 years (5 marks)
- Senior Auditors –5 years (5 marks)
- Audit Assistants–2 year (5 marks)