Job Vacancy: NGO Business Development Coordinator
Duration: 2 year fixed term contract
A multinational NGO dealing with education and child protection projects is looking for a Business Development Coordinator to ensure competent writing of concepts, proposals, capacity statements, and other write ups as required for fund development; scope for and evaluate new opportunities including calls for proposals and Expression of Interest, reporting on current and potential opportunities in Pipeline Tracking Tool (GPMT); Deputize the Business Development Manager; Support in the contracting and documentation process of the different proposal development stages; and act as liaison between grants and business development department.
- Support in the development of opportunities such as proposals, concepts to donors (institutional, corporate, multilateral, and, foundations, etc).
- Support Business Development Manager prepare and develop concept notes and other proposal write ups including proposals
- Work with communications department and the Technical Advisors in the development of capacity statements including articles and write ups to be posted on social media (Twitter, Facebook), Plan Website, and other news channels
- Support and deputize the Business Development Manager in representing Plan to donors and partners together with senior leadership team when called upon
- Attend forums and meetings (including Skype calls) with/or on behalf of the Business Development Manager to represent Plan that will advance its interests to improve its funding opportunities
- Support the Business Development Manager in identification and development of long term strategic partnerships
- Act as a liaison between Grants Department and Business Development Department to ensure there is a harmonized coordination between the departments especially during proposal development (including budgeting), contracting (including FAD signing), and hand over of contracted projects.
- First Degree in a relevant discipline. Master’s degree an added advantage, or equivalent practical experience, in interdisciplinary areas within human rights, international development and program leadership.
- 5 years of demonstrable experience developing new business and working with multi and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources.
- Extensive experience in proposal writing, concept development, and business cases, including budget formulation
- Strong writing skills is essential to this role
- Understanding of multiple donor policies and procedures particularly ECHO, OFDA, Start Network, Global Affairs Canada, SIDA, DFID, USAID, EC and UN Agencies
- Ability to undertake strategic and programme planning
- Proven ability to maintain strong donor and partner relations
- Good understanding of gender equality in programs and meaningful child participation.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to Talentkenya18@gmail.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 8th June 2018