Our client in NGO sector working directly with refugees in Kenya is seeking to urgently recruit a Human Resource Manager.
Key Responsibilities for the Human Resource Manager
Recruitment and selection
- Coordinate the recruitment efforts including assisting with staffing requisitions, drafting and posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, advertising vacancies, screening resumes, schedule interviews, ensure a positive interview experience for the candidates, coordinate reference checks, hiring and orientation processes;
- Ensure that all necessary recruitment documentation are completed and processes conformed to;
- Ensure that recruitment of new staff is in line with program budgets and salary structure;
- Ensure that consultants, research assistants and other temporarily staff are engaged as per Council policies and procedures and in compliance with local labor laws and Kenya Revenue Authority requirements;
- Coordinate the documentation of interns and ensure that they are appropriately placed supervised and mentored.
- Manage the performance systems and tools including: probationary process, regular performance evaluations, discipline / corrective action, professional development and termination;
- In consultation with Senior Management Team (SMT), conduct regular organizational, job and individual training and development needs analysis;
- Serve as a resource to in-house orientation on HR management and related subjects;
- In consultation with SMT, establish and regularly review standard and generic job descriptions, for all positions ;
- Ensure that PC Kenya understand the Council Appraisal process, monitor the implementation of the appraisal systems and maintain a full record of all local performance appraisals ;
- In consultation with SMT, identify areas for staff development and provide guidance to staff in accomplishing their development objectives;
- Maintain up-to-date records of:
- accurate and appropriate job descriptions and ensure the PC Kenya employees have copies of these job descriptions and
- staff contracts
- Advise supervisors on personnel management issues and staff disciplinary actions;
- Assist staff with the resolution of grievances;
- In close communication and collaboration with the Director of HR, Council’s Legal Counsel and the Country Director, deal with grievances and appeals in disciplinary cases, and advise SMT on legal implications;
- Advise Country Director, Director of Finance and Administration and Program Heads on any legal matters that may require HQ involvement.
On termination of service with PC/Kenya ensure that:
i) staff fillout an exit interview form;
ii) all personnel policy requirements are fulfilled;
iii) Health insurance company is notified timely so that staff member is removed from the group cover.
Benefits and Administrative Duties
- In close consultation with Kenya staff, review and manage health insurance benefits and discuss concerns with service providers;
- Generate purchase orders for all HR related procurement of a confidential nature;
- Ensure HR-related support is provided to all PC/Kenya staff;
- Participate in meetings of office management, operations and programme teams as required ;
- Help identify and allocate office space, computer etc.;
- Foster and organize staff activities; Perform any other relevant duties as required by immediate supervisor.
Human Resource Officer Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources;
- Certification from the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya;
- At least 5-years of HR related working experience in Kenya with NGOs
- Evidence of implementing human resources policies;
- Excellent working knowledge of current Kenya labor laws;
- Proven communication skills to include fluency in speaking/reading/writing in English;
- Exposure to and interest in staff development in NGO sector ;
- Previous demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and interact with all levels of staff and management;
- Demonstrated disposition towards ethical and non-discriminatory behavior that will act as a role model for others;
- Good human relations skills and proven integrity.
Interested and qualified candidate to share cv to firstname.lastname@example.org