Role Profile: NMC Engineer
- Attending field support or assisting Field Support engineers in bringing up new links/circuits.
- Managing IPPlan database to keep records of our IP address plan.
- Troubleshooting and resolution of faults on 2nd tier escalation from Support as per WBS escalation matrix.
- Network Documentation: This involves maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Manage network maintenance both emergency and planned in co-ordination with other departments involved
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services).
- Develop solution/customer network diagrams for new projects being handled on the NOC level.
- Practice as Level 1 transmission Engineer, this involves provisioning, monitoring and handling support escalations for the SDH Transmission network.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years in technical department with direct experience in facing technical clients, technical experience in the telecommunications area with deep knowledge of transmission and IP network services
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people
- Good knowledge on IP and Transmission network provisioning of services
- Experience of network monitoring tools and protocols (MRTG, RRD, NAGIOS, SNMP)
- Good network diagnostic skills
- Basic Linux CLI and Sysadmin skills
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV to email@example.com by 21st May, 2018 clearly indicate the job title.