Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar External Relations Intern to assist in the design and implementation of partnerships efforts across our school network in Kenya.
This is an opportunity to create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
About Nova Pioneer: Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them.
A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school.
Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration.
Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and 3 schools in Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
You will be mainly responsible for telling the Nova Pioneer story to various stakeholders, creating awareness and representing the Nova Pioneer in the community.
The role is based in Kenya.
You will also :
- Assist in the understanding of the customer mix, segmenting them, designing and executing an effective engagement strategy based on this analysis.
- Assist in developing a new lead generation strategy by understanding how and where to connect with partner organizations, and creatively designing engagements that optimize our effectiveness.
- Assist in organizing and executing Nova Pioneer’s external events that creatively encourages increased engagement with Heads of Schools, teachers and corporates among others.
- Constantly seek new outreach opportunities for Nova Pioneer to connect with different (but relevant) audiences to raise the profile of our brand in Kenya.
- You have at least 3 months to 1 year experience building and managing important relationships in marketing, communications and/or business development positions.
- Diploma/Degree in Commerce/Marketing/Business Administration or any other related relevant field.
- You are a great communicator: You are able to provide a clear and persuasive pitch to anyone and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results driven: You are goal oriented, move fast and take ownership of work.
- You are entrepreneurial and empathetic. You are able to understand the various Nova Pioneers’ stakeholders and think creatively about how to effectively communicate to them.
- You are passionate about providing excellent education at an affordable price even if you haven’t worked in education before..
- You possess great computer skills- proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
- You have very strong organization, time management, and follow‐up skills; high sense of urgency; demonstrated ability to successfully handle multiple projects concurrently
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- You possess a growth mindset and a desire to continually improve through feedback, coaching, and professional development.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
If so, then apply here : http://novaacademies.applytojob.com/apply/JEE11FBTdf/External-Relations-Intern
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume.
You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified.
Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
Working at Nova Pioneer: Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students.
“Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than at most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing professional development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best.
Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!).
We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.
External Relations Intern
Business and Financial Operations
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||