Norwegian Refugee Council
Job Vacancy: Support Coordinator – Kakuma
Kenya Nationals Only
Job Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Ref. No: 3808525246
Number of positions: 1
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people.
NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The purpose of the Support Coordinator is to coordinate the support functions at an Area Office.
- Line management for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics/ICT
- Member of the Area Management Group
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Provide input on operational support to Area Plan of Action, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans at Area level
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate Area Support Budget, area level budgets, including suport cost
- Responsible for Implementation of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools in Area(HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff (HR, Logistic/ICT and Finance)
- Regularly sensitise procurement staff and others on the correct procedures to follow and check for any loopholes in the system in order to avoid conflict of interest in the procurement or recruitment process.
- Strengthen the existing system of managing fleet, warehousing, gensets and other assets by ensuring proper documentation procedures are adhered to with regards to use of logbooks for vehicles and gensets, receipt of stock, storage and dispatch from store to beneficiaries and updated asset register and use of handover forms for assets in the custody of individual staff
- Identify support costs drivers in the Area Office and implement cost-cutting and/or saving measures.
- Ensure heads of departments (Finance/HRA/Logistics/ITC) produce accurate and timely monthly reports for sharing with the CO.
- Play a lead role in the implementation of recommendations and action points arising from audits, investigations, assessments and evaluations carried out and for which action is required from the Area office.
- Experience from working as a Logistics/Finance Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Kakuma/Turkana County
- Knowledge of Swahili and the local Turkana language is an added advantage
- Experience in working with teams to combat fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, and other forms of gross misconduct in humanitarian settings
Education Field: Finance / Economics / Logistics
Education Level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
Duty station: Kakuma, Kenya
Contract Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary / benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for NRC Kenya.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How to Apply
Please visit www.nrc.no to apply online
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Coordination
- Role: Supervisor
Deadline for application: 21/05/2018
|Company / Organization||
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||