Job Vacancy: Project Assistant, Technical Assistance for Nutrition (TAN)
Location: Africa Regional Office, Nairobi, Kenya
Overall Purpose / Broad Function: Nutrition International (NI)’s Global Technical Services (GTS) Unit, leads on the quality assurance of NI’s research and programs, and the dissemination and translation of new knowledge to influence and improve national and global policies and practice.
The Nutrition-Technical Assistance Mechanism (NTEAM) is a way through which governments and other nutrition stakeholders can access NI’s technical expertise.
With support from UK aid from the UK Government and as a part of NTEAM, the Technical Assistance for Nutrition (TAN) project seeks to improve the capacity of Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) countries to design, deliver and track the progress of nutrition programs and to generate, learn from and adopt knowledge of what works.
Under TAN, NI is providing technical assistance (TA) to help SUN Focal Points, in select countries, overcome gaps in capacity for the design and delivery of multi-sectoral national nutrition plans.
Under TAN, NI is also working closely with, and providing TA support to the SUN Movement Secretariat (SMS). TAN taps into its global hub to source and deploy the expertise needed. The project aims to accelerate the achievement of better health and nutrition status of populations by ensuring that governments are better equipped to act swiftly to scale up nutrition in their countries.
Priority client SUN countries currently include: Burkina Faso, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Niger, Nigeria, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Senegal, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia in Africa; and Bangladesh, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, and the Philippines in Asia.
The TAN Regional Project Assistant (PA) will provide financial, programmatic, and administrative support to the TAN team in Nairobi and Dakar for implementation and coordination of the TAN project.
TAN is recruiting a dynamic, collaborative professional keen to join a dedicated and ambitious team.
This position will be based in Nairobi.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist TAN project staff in preparing all necessary documentation related to program activities, including contracts, purchase orders and travel letters
- Assist TAN project staff in the updating of the Contract Database, maintaining relevant entries, and running reports/analyses as needed.
- Assist TAN program staff with the management and tracking of contract budgets, milestones, deliverables and reports
- Assist in administering the consultancy assignments including preparation of contracts, contract amendments, checking invoices, timely submission of reports and other follow-up action.
Project Management Administration:
- In consultation with TAN project staff, liaise with consultants on the submission of technical and financial reports.
- Support regular review of internal TAN processes, information management and support systems; suggest changes/improvement and update guidance document as necessary;
- Prepare and update as needed guidance notes to support standardizing and storing TAN documentation.
- Coordinate and arrange travel itineraries, flights, accommodation, airport transport, visas, travel authorizations, and other necessary documentation for project staff, consultants as well as project specific workshop participants and visitors.
- Assist with the organization and logistics of conference calls, meetings and workshops and record draft minutes as needed.
- Complete expense claims reports for project staff.
- Provide general office administrative services to program staff, such as faxing, scanning, printing, photocopying and filing.
Any other related duties, as requested.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Education / Professional Designations / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field from a recognized university or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 5 years’ experience working in an office environment in a similar position.
- 3 years’ experience working in a program-support capacity.
- Experience working with databases is an asset.
Language Skills: Fluency in English and French is mandatory.
Travel Requirements: No travel requirements for this position.
Other Specific Skill Requirements:
- Ability to plan and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to accommodate to new situations within the organization and project (flexibility)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Attention to details
How to Apply
If you are seeking a challenging role with a growing organization, we want to hear from you.
Please log in to https://nutritionintl.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44 and submit your resume and cover letter by May 25, 2018.
NOTE: This Post Profile can and will be amended as required from time to time.