Job Vacancy: Support & Communications Associate (Client Services)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Start date: Immediately
About Ona: The world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations rely on Ona to improve their impact and accountability. Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops.
These include Ona Data (ona.io), a mobile data collection and visualization platform, OpenSRP (smartregister.org), a mobile health platform Ona is developing with the World Health Organization, Canopy, a data analytics and visualization tool developed by Ona, and customized dashboards.
Overview: We are looking for a Support and Communications Associate with experience providing user support to clients and developing communications in a technology focused environment.
This role plays the important role of working with clients to ensure a good user experience on the Ona products, which involves training new clients, troubleshooting, and ensuring that users are maximizing the value received by using the Ona platform.
This role will also be responsible for developing help documentation, blogs, and video content for platform features and Ona products.
We are looking for people who are passionate about the potential of technology to drive positive change. We work globally on some of the world’s hardest problems partnering with organizations like WHO, UNICEF and PATH.
The ideal candidate should:
- Have experience determining what issue a client is experiencing or what they trying to achieve, working with other client services team members and technical team members to develop a solution, and communicating the issue and solution to the client.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of developing content for technology solutions, an understanding of technology, and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- Have experience producing high-quality documentation and writing easy to understand user interface text, online help, user guides, and blogs.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Provide support for all incoming support request for the Ona platform and client projects. This includes troubleshooting all system errors, answering general Ona platform questions, and answering questions and troubleshooting XLSForms.
- Ensure that all support requests are answered in a timely and efficient manner and follow up with the technical team on technical issues while maintaining good client relationships.
- Author XLSForms for various client projects to simplify the data collection process while minimizing data cleaning.
- Develop and maintain high quality support documentation on user guides, trainings, processes, and procedures for the Ona platform feature and custom solutions for client projects.
- Develop content for the features on the Ona platform and other Ona products.
- Draft and edit high quality professional written content for various Ona products publications, including blogs, newsletters, and grant proposals.
- With minimal supervision, take the lead role in tasks/projects assigned to you, ensuring task/project timelines are met, and ensuring clients a kept informed while doing necessary follow-up.
- Represent the company and through client and potential client interactions spread the word and support the sale of our products, services, and solutions.
The Support and Communication Associate will report to the Support and M&E Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. social sciences, mass communication, journalism, public relations, computer science, IT, economics, engineering, etc.
- Excellent professional writing, editing, and proofreading skills (in English)
- At least 3 years of experience in a technology environment, ideally with at least one year’s experience providing client support.
- At least 2 years of experience developing user content for a technology solutions company, this includes the development of user guides, writing blogs featuring technical solutions and developing user stories.
- Ability to communicate accurately, clearly, and effectively in written and spoken English.
- Self-starter and motivated to move ahead without direct instruction
- Strong attention to detail.
- Motivated to assist clients to determine the best and proper solution to resolve their issue in a fast-paced environment in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to prioritize client communication while working on several support request simultaneously.
- Desirable qualifications, skills and abilities
- Familiarity with mobile device data collection platforms and data collection tools (i.e. ODK Collect, Enketo webforms)
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams.
- Interest and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Experience working with international companies
- A team player who enjoys interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment
- Ability to speak other international languages, especially French, is a strong plus.
- Right to live and work in Kenya preferred
To apply, send references, CV, and a note on why you’d like to work at Ona to email@example.com