One Acre Fund
We are an international nonprofit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, and Malawi.
In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Job Vacancy: Core Execution & Tree Kit Coordinator
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Reporting To: Core Deliveries Unit Lead
Job Description: The Core Execution and Tree Kit Coordinator is responsible for the overall management and execution of the annual Tree Kit project and provides process and execution support during core Input Deliveries.
By liaising with the relevant Unit Leads, the Coordinator will budget, plan and develop the relevant processes and policies that will guide tree kit creation. They will devise and present strategy which will enable tree kits production run effectively and sustainably.
During the year on year core Input Deliveries, the Coordinator will support the execution functions of Input Delivery such as Truck Scheduling, Transfers Planning, Discrepancy Investigations, etc.
- Develop and execute a repeatable annual operational plan for Tree Kit production. Designing a tree kit production budget, resource planning with the management, creates a schedule of activities and identification of staffing need and works closely with HR to meet the staffing needs.
- Act as the key liaison for all stakeholder departments supporting the Tree Kit project. Coordinates all relevant stakeholders, providing timely and comprehensive updates and acts as a point of contact for all relevant teams to troubleshoot tree kit production challenges.
- Ensure production performance, volume and quality goals for the Tree Kit project are met, coordinates with all relevant teams to ensure material needs are met as per operational plan, proactively resolve production challenges and conduct regular reviews and suggest production improvements.
- Provides process and data execution support for Input Deliveries year on year. Through collaboration with the data unit ensures correct input data and bale sizes are captured in the roster and relates exactly to sap unit sizes.
- Plan for, develop and document new policies/processes in support of scalability. Works with management to design, build and implement better policies, more and efficient processes for their project
- Provides professional development opportunities and coaching to their direct reports. Working closely with team members managers, Invest heavily in understanding each of their team member’s strengths and key development areas and plans appropriate skills- trainings or coaching sessions .
- Supports management in any staff training or hiring processes for their unit. Identifies gaps or needs within the unit and drafts hiring propositions and job description documents for review by management and engages in the appropriate stages of the hiring process for any staff in their unit
- Supports the implementation / growth of mechanisms which improve team culture by overseeing the implementation of new mechanisms which management have designed and providing regular feedback to management on the success/failure of these mechanisms within their unit.
- College Level Education (Logistics, Supply Chain Management, and Manufacturing preferred)
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience in supervising a manufacturing or production activity preferred
- Strong analytical skills in analyzing processes and designing improvements
- Proficiency in using MS Office and related online tools such as Google Documents and Sheets
- General team management experience – you will supervise a team of production casuals
- Experience in managing medium sized projects
- Positive attitude with a strong work ethic. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and collaboration.
- Respect and extends dignity to all people.
- Integrity, foster trust and a positive work environment.
- Innovation and creativity at the workplace.
- Ambitious, thrives on new challenges and opportunities to contribute on a large and small scale.
- Eager to learn, teach, enhance current logistic practices and develop new standard operating procedures
- Task Oriented, driven by milestones and deadlines. Stays organized under pressure and enjoys fast paced environment.
- Reliable, takes pride in meeting deadlines, exceeding expectations and being accountable for mission critical endeavors.
- English spoken and written fluently
Benefits: Mutual Health Insurance, staff loans, small airtime and transportation allowances
Career development: Twice annual career reviews and constant feedback. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as a Core Execution Tree Kit Coordinator and you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 12th June, 2018.
CLICK HERE to apply online. You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV together with that attach: