One Acre Fund
We are an international non-profit that works in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi and Zambia. In these countries, our 5,000+ strong staff serves over 500,000 smallholder farmers and enables them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
Supply Chain Associate
JOB LOCATION: Nairobi
REPORTS TO: Non-Agricultural Supply Chain Specialist
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: Most of the world’s poor are farmers, representing the largest and most uniform group of poor people in the world. One Acre Fund is a growing NGO in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Malawi, Zambia and Tanzania that is innovating a new way of helping farm families to achieve their full potential. Instead of giving handouts, One Acre Fund invests in farmers to generate a permanent gain in farm income.
We provide farmers with a “market bundle” that includes education, finance, farm inputs and solar lights, and market access. Our program is proven impactful- every year, we weigh thousands of harvests and measure 50-100% average gain in farm income per acre. We have laser-like focus on generating better lives for the people that we serve.
We are growing quickly. In ten years, we have grown to serve 0ver 500,000 farm families with more than 5,000 full-time field staff. Our approach has won widespread validation, winning grants from The MasterCard Foundation and Gates Foundation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: One Acre Fund will purchase over $40M worth of agricultural and non-agricultural inputs for direct sale to over 500,000 smallholder farmers in 2017. Through distribution of these goods and innovative trainings, we produce $129 of impact per farmer, of which, $27 can be attributed to the distribution of non-agricultural inputs such as solar lights, efficient wood-burning cook stoves, and storage materials.
Access to these life-improving inputs electrifies households, allows farmers to store their grain, and gives farmers and their families the tools they need to grow themselves out of poverty.
The Supply Chain Associate is responsible for offering support in the sourcing, quality control and delivery of all non-agricultural products for our clients. He/she is also responsible for supporting other global input teams in the administration and logistics role in order to deliver the highest quality, most impactful live improving products to the farmers we serve.
- Arrange, coordinate and track solar lights, cook stoves, harvest drying sheets and other non-agricultural product deliveries to our countries of operations – you may also work on other products such as agrochemicals as requested by your manager
- Arrange, coordinate and track import and exports within and outside of Eastern Africa
- Maintain a database of clearing agents for the inputs team in Kenya
- Maintain a database of logistics providers for the inputs team in Kenya
- Generate and execute Requests for Quotations as requested by your manager
- Support on quality control processes as requested by your manager (includes travel to supplier warehouses within Kenya)
- Assist in tracking inputs payments and payment requests in Kenya
- Manage and save proper documentation using Google sheets and Google drive
- Follow up with suppliers to ensure that deliveries are made timely
- Provide high quality customer service to internal teams and external partners
- Support in other tasks relating to supply chain in Kenya as requested by your team
- Support on SAP data entry as requested by your manager
- Provide accurate reports of tasks accomplished
- Be flexible and willing to learn and execute new systems and processes as needed
- Perform a support role to all Global inputs sub teams
- Support on stock insurance follow ups
We are seeking professionals with one to two years of work experience. S/he will demonstrate a long-term passion for agricultural development in East Africa and will be familiar with the challenges faced by smallholder farmers in the region.
We are looking for extraordinary candidates that are organized and proactive; Most of all, we are looking for candidates who have strong critical thinking skills, positive attitude and a willingness to learn. We are looking for a smart individual who can learn quickly.
Please apply if you fit these criteria:
- 2 years’ work experience in a demanding professional environment.
- Experience in procurement/supply chain/logistics/import/export preferred, but not required.
- Creativity and strong problem solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
- Experience working with multinational companies preferred.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Flexibility to travel within Kenya to conduct quality control procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Google (email and spreadsheets) and Microsoft Office required; knowledge of SAP preferred
- A passion for delivering world class customer service
- Relentless positivity – you are encouraging and supportive of your colleagues
- Commitment to humble service – you put the farmer first!
- Minimum C+ in KCSE or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized academic institution
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
In your application, please highlight the following skills if you have them
- Experience in Procurement or supply chain management
- Knowledge in SAP
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Supply Chain Associate and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 15th June, 2018.
To apply, please CLICK HERE.
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed. At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
You must be 18 years or older to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund.
One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.