PowerGen Renewable Energy
Job Vacancy: Sr. O&M Associate
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Description: PowerGen Renewable Energy is a micro-grid developer, implementer, and operator in East Africa, reshaping the prevailing rural electrification model in the region. PowerGen is creating an African energy system that utilizes clean, renewable energy and smarter grids to deliver power to all.
PowerGen Grid Operations strives to optimally serve customers through ensuring that assets achieve optimal performance levels.
The key to a successful a grid operations program is working to prevent issues before they occur, but when problems do occur having established processes for diagnosing and resolving those problems quickly and safely, with limited electricity interruption for customers. In order to continuously improve customer experience, the team will implement various demand stimulation, customer engagement and economic development initiatives.
Ultimately, the PowerGen Grid Operations Team determines what activities must be done to ensure that all physical assets continue to operate optimally while maximizing technical uptime, optimizing customer satisfaction, and minimizing cost.
As the Sr. O&M Associate you will be a key member of the PowerGen Grid Operations team.
You’ll be focused on supporting our Kericho customers who use electricity from our micro-grids each day.
You will report to the Sr. O&M Manager and will work closely with the entire Grid Operations team.
What You’ll Make Happen:
A more complete – but by no means exhaustive – list of responsibilities is provided below:
- Dealing with unplanned problems, is a key component of a Sr. O&M Associate’s role. You’ll be responsible for addressing and solving unplanned problems on-site, which are either identified by system monitoring or reported by a customer (i.e. electricity outage, asset vandalism, reticulation issue, etc.).
- You will be responsible for building and hiring various Technicians to support the team’s goals and objectives.
- You’ll be responsible for creating SOPS, processes, templates and work plans to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the O&M team.
- When dealing with unexpected issues, you should establish a comprehensive understanding of the issue through detailed fact-finding and implements an established procedure for correcting issue in timely fashion.
- You will work with various PowerGen stakeholders to identify an issue and solve it correctly. All unplanned maintenance activities should always be based on thorough root cause analysis to ensure that the failure does not re-occur.
- As the Sr. O&M Associate, you’ll also be responsible for scheduling and planning preventative maintenance activities that are standardized and regularly scheduled activities designed to identify and prevent any type of negative consequence before it happens. This includes quarterly maintenance trips and regularly scheduled diesel generator refueling trips.
- You’ll be responsible for providing feedback in a standardized manner across various teams at PowerGen – including Installations, Grid Development, Procurement, System Design and Grid Operations – to enable long term improvement of design, installation, service and O&M.
What Excites You:
- Contributing to rural electrification in East Africa.
- Building a clean energy future for Africa.
- A fast-paced environment where constant change is the norm and individual initiative-taking is encouraged.
- Having autonomy to implement your creative solutions – not just coming up with ideas, but possessing the commitment and skill to implement them.
- Passion for organization, details, and precision in all you do.
- Working both in the office and in the field.
You Already Have:
- 6+ years’ work experience in engineering construction, operation and maintenance services, preferably in above-ground distribution, PV solar installations, and generators.
- Technical engineering background and a demonstrated ability to learn the specific technical aspects of the PowerGen business.
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English, both in written and oral communications.
- Tanzanian citizenship or a valid Tanzanian work permit; experience working in Tanzania is a must.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Intelligence and eagerness to learn.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and eagerness to lend a hand wherever needed, even if a specific task may fall outside the core job description.
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online