Vacancy Announcement: Procurement Assistant – Nairobi
Our client is a leading contractor in civil, mechanical & structural engineering with a history of delivering multiple projects.
Are you a young, agile & seasoned procurement administrator who is confident, reliable, organized & resourceful with the desire to challenge yourself?
Do you have passion for organizing and coordinating multiple procurement operations? If so, then this is the job you are looking for.
Our client would like to fill the position of a Procurement Assistant who will be reporting to the Finance & Administration Manager.
Job Purpose / Summary: The primary responsibility of this position is to procure, expedite & schedule deliveries of materials & services to construction sites.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain price quotes from suppliers based on the various purchase requests.
- Verify the deliveries ensuring the correct items, quality & quantity are delivered.
- Verify inventory levels & keep records to prevent inventory gaps by undertaking regular stock takes.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors & suppliers.
- Ensure compliance to project budgets & provide analysis of deviations.
- Process purchase orders for the supply of goods through to completion while ensuring efficient delivery & quality.
- Scheduling materials purchases.
- Assist in selection of preferred bidder based on competitiveness & ability to fulfil contract requirements.
- Analyse bids/tenders for completeness & accuracy.
- Provide administrative assistance to the finance & purchasing teams.
- Develop alternate material sources to ensure optimal quality and pricing
- Raise LPOs for all procurement of goods and services upon receipt of approved quote/proforma invoice.
- Maintain inventory by checking stock to determine inventory levels, anticipated needed supplies and expediting orders.
- Ensure procurement processes are compliant with regulatory requirements and internal policies.
- A Diploma in Purchasing & Supply, Business Administration, CPA Part II or its equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience in procurement preferably in the construction sector is highly desirable.
- Basic accounting skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to accurately describe & assess the status of construction projects & be ready to provide possible procurement solutions when necessary.
- Working knowledge on reporting and tracking systems for projects management.
- Excellent communication skills & ability to communicate with subcontractors, suppliers & clients.
- Mastery in written & spoken English is highly desirable.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organize & coordinate multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Ability to work quickly and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to keep confidentiality
Salary: Kshs. 30,000
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke vacancy page before close of business 23rd May 2018.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.