Our client, one of the leading manufacturing industries in Kenya is looking for a Product Sales Manager (Grains) to join their dedicated team.
Reporting To: Head of Sales and Distribution
Supervises (Directly): Sales Representatives
Purpose: The position is responsible for enhancing the pulses brands, growing the top line and driving value, volume and market share through the efficacious management of the distribution chain.
- Develop effective sales plans, to drive sales volumes, ensure that margins are maintained, and market share targets achieved.
- Develop monthly sales plans that are aligned to the annual sales forecast. The incumbent will be expected to work closely with the Head of Sales and Distribution, team members and the distribution team to ensure that these plans are executed and delivered.
- Offer structured management to the sales and distribution team, through the effective monitoring of performance and results and the provision of feedback and guidance.
- Implement the company’s sales and business development strategy, across assigned market segments and area to ensure that the company maintains a clear path to aggressive growth.
- Originate and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company’s strategy for revenue growth.
- Develop and maintain long-term and productive relationships with customers.
- Achieve collection targets.
- Monitor competitive activity and report to the supervisor promptly, including suggested responses.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports as required.
- Recruit, train and manage distributors to optimize operations and improve overall distribution performance.
- Enforce operational agreements with distributors, including redistribution, stocking levels, product turn, promotions, etc.
- Ensure that products are displayed appropriately at all distribution points, to ensure visibility and drive sales
- Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality sales team. Continually train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide sales staff to ensure on-going motivation and performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business management or a related field; Diploma in Marketing Management;
- At least five (5) years sales and distribution experience in a similar position, in an FMCG environment.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strong people leadership and management skills;
- Proven sales track record of both business development and account management;
- Self-starter, high energy level with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Analytical thinking skills;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Innovative, team-oriented, forward-thinking, creative and naturally curious; and
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Impeccable business relationship building and management skills
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 11th June 2018.