Job Title: Project Engineer – Block Pavers
Industry: Manufacturing (Concrete Products)
Gross Salary: 120k – 150k
Our client is a well-established concrete manufacturing company located in Kisumu.
They seek to hire an energetic and dedicated individual to fill a position of Project Engineer.
Project Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Taking measurements, and preparation of application for interim payments
- Carrying Final inspections, preparation of close out documents and application of substantial completion certificate.
- Managing the works through DLP to total completion and issuance of Total Completion Certificate.
- Developing project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirm product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Operate the paver and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Ensure daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Preheat paving screed before placement of asphalt and monitor and control temperature settings of the asphalt mixture.
- Supervise operation the Paver controls to lower the screed auger, control the hopper, and navigate the direction of the paver.
- Align the paving machine into position when receiving asphalt by dump truck, and maintain constant flow of asphalt into hopper; ease paver forward, safely pushing dump truck along construction surface.
- Observe distribution of paving materials along screed and control the direction of the screed to eliminate voids at curbs and joints.
- Line paver appropriately to the work area, and ensure proper application of the asphalt, smoothing it evenly to the desired height, width, and depth
Qualifications for the Project Engineer Job:
- BSc. (Civil) Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar role
- MUST be knowledgeable in carrying out and controlling quality in placement, laying, compaction and alignment of concrete pavers and associated precast concrete products
- Demonstrate good business communication skills and/or train and learn on the job
- Knowledgeable in cement and concrete specification and codes of practice applicable
- Knowledgeable in contract administration
- Proficient in Auto CAD, MS Project and Microsoft Application
- Knowledgeable in engineering survey; appraising project sites, taking measurements, preparation of Bills of Quantities
How to Apply:
Please send your CV only quoting the job title(Project Engineer – Block Pavers) on the email subject HR Manager Job to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Monday 14th May2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV