The Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development (RCMRD) is an Intergovernmental organization which provides services in surveying, mapping, remote sensing, GIS and ICT to its Member States, partners and clients. It has twenty member States in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region.
Our Mission is to promote sustainable development in the member States through generation, application and dissemination of geo-information and allied ICT services, products and services.
RCMRD wishes to fill the following vacant position:
Data Marketing Technician
Reporting to the Geospatial Data Officer, the Data Marketing Technician will be responsible for data identification, marketing and selling.
Duties and responsibilities
- Marketing the organisation’s products to new clients;
- Data identification and selling;
- Assisting in development of applications and value added products;
- Regularly assessing the availability of new data and products;
- Downloading data from different sources;
- Recording client requirements;
- Liaising with Finance Division in preparing quotations, pricing and payments;
- Handling clients and visitors seeking information on data types, need and application; and
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Remote Sensing, GIS, Geography, Environmental Science or a related field;
- Applicants should possess proven experience in marketing of geospatial data; and
- Three (3) years of experience in Geo-information applications.
Contract duration: Two (2) years renewable.
Salary Scale: The salary for the above position is consolidated and is in the range of:
GS5: Ksh. 713, 807 by Ksh. 35,315 to ksh 1, 031, 648 p.a.
Entry point for the position will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Benefits: These include, housing allowance, transport allowance, contributory provident fund with both parties contributing 7% of monthly basic salary towards the fund, 10% gratuity of annual basic salary based on successful completion of the contract and a staff contributory group medical scheme to a maximum of five (5) family members.
Interested candidates, who should be citizens of Kenya, should submit their applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development,
P.O Box 632, 00618, Roysambu, Kasarani,
Via e-mail: email@example.com so as to be received not later than 15th June, 2018.
RCMRD is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications from suitably qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged.
Please note that the Centre DOES NOT charge any fees during the recruitment process.