Our client, a leading service provider with operations in East & Central Africa is seeking to engage the services of an experienced, self-driven and results oriented candidate to fill in the role of Regional Business Development Manager.
The position will report to the Group CEO and will be based in Nairobi.
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
Plan, oversee and develop all sales and marketing activities in the region targeting growth and expansion.
Job Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for identifying potential customers and secure new business
- Devising strategies and approaches of maintaining the existing customers
- Ensuring Sales performance and aiming to meet and/or exceed targets
- Undertake market intelligence analysis on competition, trends and preferences etc
- Undertake proactive but cost-effective product placement, promotional approaches and brand visibility
- Review of the existing communication strategies and recommend improvement
- In charge of product development
- Representing the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer
- Making accurate, rapid cost calculations and providing quotations to customers
- Gathering Market and Customer information.
- Attending team meetings and sharing best practice with colleagues Desired Skills &
- Provide prompt customer service
Qualifications and necessary skills for the role
- Degree in Marketing/ Business Management or related field of study
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar role, 3 of these in a management position.
- Experience in insurance brokerage, parastatals, county/government institutions very necessary.
- Sales/Marketing Professional courses will be an added advantage
- Strong strategic, analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original sales and branding opportunities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Demonstrated ability to develop new business opportunities and improve the profitability and competitive performance of the business
- Meeting sales targets and business growth
- Able to identify and respond to current and future customer needs, ensures delivery of innovative products and service excellence.
- Ability to work on own initiative, meet tight deadlines and balance priorities to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods, approaches, and departmental contribution
- Timely development and submission of assigned reports Key Reports
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject Business Development Manager – the CEO, CDL, P.O. Box 19348, 00200, Nairobi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. to be received not later than 11 May 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.