Vacant Position: Sales Representative
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting To: Sales Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Purpose: Our client who deals with honey products is looking to fill the above position. The person will deliver set sales target in the allocated territory through distributor, wholesalers and retailer sales, own van sales and sales of other support sales-team in the territory.
This is to be achieved through effective management of product and brand stocking, territory coverage, sales promotions, merchandising, pricing and other laid down sales incentives as set by the company from time to time.
Description of Duties
- Achieve the set sales target for the territory from time to time in liaison with appointed Distributors.
- Ensure availability and visibility of company brands in Distributors warehouse and the wholesalers and retailers in the territory
- Keep the Distributors aligned to the agreed volume plans and hence attainment of set sales targets.
- Oversee in liaison with distributor all marketing activities within set budget and time to ensure delivery of intended results.
- Prepare and maintain a record on sales activities and other related market activities and submit weekly reports or at any other time as may be directed
- Train and supervise sales support team either from the company, engaged agents or the distributor to ensure effective execution of their tasks.
- Carry out market intelligence to establish competition activities and any opportunity gaps for company brands.
- Develop and extend sales activities in the given territory.
- Monitor trade stock levels in all outlets in the assigned territories to ensure product availability and brand mix.
- Ensure the assigned company car is clean and well maintained to enhance company image and facilitate convenience in sales activities.
- Ensure that agreed sales related costs are kept minimum and within budget.
- Plan and manage all other company corporate activities as directed.
Decision Making: Prepare sales report to help the SM to make the final decisions
Supervision: Works independently in routine tasks under the general direction of the SM
Responsibilities: Take overall lead on managing your allocated route
- Diploma in relevant field is an added advantage
- Degree in sales and marketing or a relevant field
Relevant Experience and skills
- Minimum of 3years in sales and specifically the related product.
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable customer service skills/relationship building
Performance Standards: Specifically as agreed from time to time in the annual plans and during other management meetings and the detailed employee’s key performance indicators (KPI).
Interested and qualified candidate to share cv to email@example.com