Sanergy is looking for a qualified Head of Sales for our Farm Star Sales, including EverGrow organic fertilizer and animal protein feed supplement.
Who we are: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural products, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role
Farm Star Sales team enables Sanergy to sell end products derived from treated organic waste.
The Head of Sales will lead the development and implementation of scaling sales strategies to grow agricultural products revenues by 20x in 18 months.
A typical day for you might include the following
- Refine and implement scaling strategy to exponentially grow sales of the company’s agricultural products that include organic fertilizer and animal protein
by 20X in 18 months.
- Design and implement growth initiatives across relevant sales channels to guarantee formulaic and sustainable scale up of fertilizer and animal protein
- Support Assistant Sales Manager in day-to-day sales operations, including recruitment, training and ongoing support to individual sales reps, and ensuring
smooth operational support for sales, handling sales ops administration, and managing payment collections, with a view towards continuous improvement of
- Create and manage the sales budget, including revenue and margin targets.
- Lead on developing, testing, and commercializing new market segments for organic fertilizer and animal protein.
- Optimize all aspects of sales operations, including customer acquisition, distribution, payment collection, and after-sales service to maximize profitability.
- Act as the face of the company in closing new business opportunities with high value clients.
- Refine and implement strategies to improve customer retention.
- Contribute on behalf of the end-product business unit to defining organisation-wide annual goals, giving feedback and setting sales and operation targets collaboratively
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Degree or higher level education
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up an existing business
- >5 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- >3 years’ experience in building and managing sales teams, preferably in direct sales with a clear track record of high performance
- Previous experience in building a business from scratch or significantly scaling up an existing business
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of agricultural inputs market for small and medium-scale farmers preferred or ability to learn technical knowledge quickly
- Humility and interest in learning in-depth about a new industry, new product category, new sales process, and everything else that’s needed.
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 80% of the time.
- Valid car driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
- Sense of humour
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
Join a team you’ll love
Submit your cover letter and resume detailing a portfolio of your experience and expertise to email@example.com.