SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: Agricultural Officer
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and screen livelihood groups and individuals for engagement in income diversification initiatives.
- Participate in dissemination of key program information, identification of program beneficiaries and in assessments and screening of applicants for grants
- Assist and build the capacity of selected livelihood groups and businesses through training, mentoring and couching. Some sessions will specifically target the need of women and youth.
- Offer technical advice and customer tailored training to the program beneficiaries across the livestock value chain as well as seek expertise assistance from SRC, line county departments of other stakeholders
- Facilitate the formation of business networking among the entrepreneurs and livelihood groups.
- Mobilize entrepreneurs and livelihood groups/individuals to attend learning visits, trade fairs and important annual events like “pasture week”
- Carry out monitoring of livelihood and grants activities and collate information that will contribute to human interesting stories, case studies as well to the program monthly and quarterly reports
- Identify risks and challenges in a timely manner and suggest appropriate remedial measures
- Document and share lessons learnt for county learning and fertilization
- Participate in program surveys, field data collection, analyses and reporting
- Ensure implementation of the gender strategy and deliberately target women, youth and local community with program activities
- Represent SAPCONE at the field and sub county level by collaborating with PREG, county government official and other stakeholders on sequencing layering and integration of activities
- Perform any other duty as may be directed by the programme coordinator
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Entrepreneurship, Business Management, Livestock Marketing, Agribusiness Management, International Relations,
- Development Studies, Pastoral Livestock Systems Development or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in agricultural and fishing value chain or closely related field preferably with NGOs.
- Experience in MSME development, and similar fields will be an added advantage.
- Strong writing, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: email@example.com
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply