SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose an M & E Strategy that is aligned to the strategic plan 2016 to 2020 of the organization
- Develop and implement M & E procedures and guidelines to support the programme implementation and enable SAPCONE achieve its strategic objectives.
- Spearhead research on key issues that SAPCONE needs to understand to guide programme development
- Design and implement data collection and reporting controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and reliability of data that is collected
- Development and review of comprehensive overall Monitoring and Evaluation framework and toolkits including performance indicators and benchmarks for all aspects of the organization’s strategic direction
- Coordinate all research and evaluations of SAPCONE programmes
- Collate and analyse data for reports and produce a systematic and analytical progress report to guide management in decision making.
- Research and recommend appropriate software for data collection, archiving and analysis for the organization to procure
- Training staff on efficient use of Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Work closely with the Program Manager and the fundraising Manager to develop concepts for funding, pitching to donors and resource mobilization for Monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure publication of findings from research undertaken by SAPCONE in reputable journals
- Participate in the Team Leadership Committee and undertake oversight and appraisal of staff in the department
Qualifications and Competencies
- A degree holder from a recognized university
- Three years’ experience and above undertaking research and managing data in a demanding environment
- Experience in working with M & E software e.g. Sales force or any other
- Proven capacity to manage a team of staff within the department
- Excellent standard of written English and ability to communicate effectively
- High level of proficiency in the use of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the aforementioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply