SAPCONE is a Kenyan based non –governmental organization whose mandate is to work with people particularly pastoralist and fisher-folk communities in Northern Kenya as the main beneficiaries of peace and development.
We do this through innovative project implementation for purposes of attaining sustainable livelihoods. Formed in 2006 as community based organization and transitioned in 2011 as National Public Benefits Organization.
Since its inception in 2006 the organization, has implemented several projects on good governance and social accountability, increase access to education and child protection ,support and strengthen community projects for resilience and livelihoods, Promote innovative peace building and recurring conflict among Turkana and cross border communities in South Omo zone in Ethiopia,
SAPCONE is seeking a dynamic and suitable qualified person for the position mention below and be based in the duty station indicated.
Position Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Duty Station: Lodwar
# of Positions: 1
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing the daily procurement tasks, ensuring that SAPCONE standard processes, procedures and ways of workings are executed to an accurate level of detail. Standard tools and templates should be utilized that will ensure procurement activities are streamlined.
- Lead monthly review sessions with all program managers on progress against procurements under process, upcoming procurement initiation & identifying current & prospective supply chain bottlenecks and developing mitigation plans for these.
- Coordinate with Operations colleagues to ensure rationalization & quantification supply chain SAPCONE practices are being followed.
- Providing hands-on supervision and support to procurement staff, where appropriate, to ensure that they are knowledgeable and competent in the daily execution and prioritization of their tasks (such as the order requisitioning process, Market surveys and optimization of the supply chain).
- Contributing to Project planning, in terms of having an appreciation of the field constraints and capabilities. Raising these risks to the appropriate senior logistics and management personnel in a timely manner is vital and should be executed.
- Understand Donor requirements especially DFID, OFDA, ECHO, BPRM, UNICEF, UNHCR and share these with logistics support staff, where appropriate, so they understand their direct accountability to Donors through standard reporting.
- Supporting the appropriate senior logistics personnel in the execution of specific project tasks and logistics planning activities, when required.
- Ensure new staff receives appropriate inductions on procurement systems and processes.
- Supervise all filing and document management within the logistics department in a systematic, coherent and transparent way as per SAPCONE needs and obligations and donor requirements.
- Develop & maintain strategic sourcing plans and county supply chain plan determine what this market can offer in terms range of products and services and determine the geographical distribution and nature of the local markets.
- To analyze human resources available to support the supply chain; that existing and newly hired national staff are trained & mentored to perform their functions; support in training and capacity building for the staff and ensure attendance sheets are delivered
- Establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters
- Ensure online procurement Tracking System is accurately and effectively used.
- Establish Blanket Purchase Agreements (Long term frame-work agreements) for a main supplies and services awarded/updated accordingly.
- Set reliable communication line (regular meeting) with stakeholders to ensure duplication (if any) of procurement functions with Finance, Admin and HR are resolved.
- Actively working with respective Budget Holders, ensure Procurement Plans are updated and consolidated for further use and shared with relevant staff.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management or relevant field of work.
- Evidence of practical experience in logistics within the field of supply chain management (procurement, tendering, contracting management, etc.).
- Evidence of management of procurement systems.
- Evidence of 3 to 4 field deployments; 2 to 3 humanitarian emergency deployments and 3 to 4 international deployments; minimum 6 weeks in length.
- Evidence of the ability to plan for, and conduct training in all areas of logistics for staff (suitable to staff knowledge level). Some record of experience with donor (especially, OFDA, ECHO, DFID, BPRM, UN-Agencies specific procedures.
- It is desirable that experience is supported by study by academic study, such as completion of the Certification in Humanitarian Logistics.
- Experience of the provision of support to the management of budgets and the ability to provide input to the timely, complete and accurate reports.
- The commitment and some demonstrated training skills to build staff capacity, in the areas of supply chain management.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the above skills and experience and desire to join SAPCONE in the afore mentioned capacity, please apply by sending a detailed CV and copies of certified testimonials addressed
to the Human Resources Manager
via the following address: email@example.com
please clearly indicate the position title on the envelope.
Hand-written applications should be addressed to
The Human Resource Manager
P.O Box 125 -30500
OR Hand delivered to SAPCONE HQ Offices in Kanamkemer – Kampi Mpya area.
To reach us by 5pm Tuesday 12th June, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SAPCONE is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply