Job Vacancy: Warehouse Operation Supervisor
About Schneider East Africa: Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Job Purpose: Responsible for large distribution centers, manage under the authority of the Transport and Warehousing Manager, manager a group of warehouse process specialists.
To handle warehouse/DC day-to-day operation. Act as first line leader to deploy Schneider management system such as SPS / WMS and relative improvement actions.
The position holder will be responsible for overall operations/logistics of Schneider’s distribution warehouse. In this position, you will be the key link between production and logistics and have an important responsibility regarding availability and maintaining quality of our stored goods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead warehouse team to run a smooth warehouse operation in the area of receiving, storage, delivery.
- Assist global supply chain director to establish and maintain standard warehouse operation processes and ensure warehouse staffs comply.
- Make sure warehouse’s 5S and HSE (health, safety & environment) are implemented appropriately
- Optimize the goods stored in warehouse and ensure inventory accuracy and warehouse safety.
- Participate warehouse project to set up, expand, and improve the development of warehouse infrastructure.
- Organize the layout of warehouse, efficiently improve warehouse capacity.
- Lead warehouse team to carry out department plan to meet sales or company target, continuously enhance working efficiency and reduce warehouse cost.
- Responsible for stock accuracy, manage the cycle counting and stocktaking.
- Train warehouse operators and evaluate their performance.
- Daily running of the warehouse operations
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that all the products and material are handled in line with all the specified standards
- Keeping proper stock records for audit purposes
- Notify manager in any potential part outages and related issues
- Maintain leadership and positive working environment.
- Implementing efficient stores systems as documented in the ISO procedure.
- Monitor, report and manage the productivity related to DVC operation, and meet the end of year target set by the performance team.
- Bachelor’s degree in procurement, supply chain or related fields
- Experience in driving a fork lift
- At least 5+ years of warehouse management work experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is an added advantage
- Excellent organization and housekeeping skills
- Results oriented and a team player
- Knowledge and Skills requirement
- Ability to analyze issues and offer solutions to the said issues
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Good understanding of purchasing administration tools
- Ability to manage suppliers
- Ability to manage transportation, distribution, and logistics operations across an enterprise
- Ability to manages the warehouse and the stock in the warehouse
- Ability to influence and convince
- Ability to apply the lean management system (5S) and six sigma model
- Ability to lead a team with a focus on customer
How to Apply