Job Vacancy: Mechanic – Nairobi
Our client is a recognized and widely acknowledged abroad with over 300 students from kindergarten to upper secondary school.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and the Head of Transport, the school has a vacancy for a maintenance Mechanic / Gardener who will be responsible for maintaining the school’s bus fleet and in addition carry out duties as a gardener.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and diagnose problems with the school buses.
- Service and repair all assigned buses.
- Perform preventative and maintenance procedures for these buses.
- Ability to upgrade and carry out preventative maintenance as needed.
- Prepare routine maintenance reports for the buses.
- Plan and execute landscaping operations including preparing the terrain.
- Applying fertilizers, seeding and sodding lawns.
- Plant new and repair established lawns.
- Mowing lawns, cleaning grounds using rakes brooms and hoses.
- Work on new and repair established lawns, mowing, cleaning the grounds using rakes, brooms and hoses.
- Spraying trees and shrubs and others as assigned.
- Responsible for undertaking upkeep and repair tasks in the interior and exterior of school premises.
- Well organized with strong skills in repairing and maintaining bus fleets.
- Readily undertake the role of the gardener and have the stamina to cope with this dual role.
- Two-years’ experience in handling bus fleets.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or two years proven experience in maintaining bus fleets.
- Proven experience working as a Mechanic and gardener in a school environment.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Duty Station: Nairobi
Anticipated Start Date: July 2018
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and current or previous gross pay salary. (Mechanic Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days.
Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.