Job Title: Security Supervisor
Net Salary: 30k – 35k
Reporting to: Head of Security
Our client is fast becoming a lead in luxury living and operate luxury serviced apartments in the Nairobi suburbs.
They are looking to hire an experienced Security Supervisor in-charge of the shift and supervise both in house and contracted security officers.
He will also assist guests and gather security intelligence at the front of the house, restaurant, front parking and bar areas.
- Take full charge of the entire shift in the absence of Head of Safety and Security and more so over the weekends.
- Take a supervision role of the guards deployed at the main entrance and thoroughly investigate and document all known or reported incidents within the entire building and its environs.
- Check and ensure that the luggage scanner is in its optimum condition at all times and in case of a fault report immediately to Head of Safety and Security / Chief Engineer/Duty Manager
- Record all happenings and incidents at the Main Entrance, restaurant, front of the house, bar.
- Assist in receiving and recording Lost and Found properties found within the building.
- Monitor for “unwanted” guests (Butterflies or any suspicious persons and report immediately) to the Manager on duty/ Head of Safety and Security
- Handle guest complaints that are safety and security related before escalating either to the Manager on duty/ Head of Safety and Security
- Assist handicapped and elderly guests where applicable
- Understand safety procedure and emergency procedures of all properties and be in a position to handle safety procedures and communicate accordingly to guests/ staff in-case of an emergency.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of the fire safety support system.
- Must be familiar with the Emergency response team requirements in order to assist to take charge in the event of any fire emergencies and evacuation.
- Have knowledge to administer First Aid during medical emergencies.
- Ensure and promote the security and safety of guests, staff, and visitors within all Gem Invest properties.
- Ensure, protect and promote the company’s policies and interests.
- Professionally handle, register all licensed fire arm civilian guests at the main entrance.
- Provide a report after every shift, in writing both in the control room and in the Occurrence Book provided at the Main Entrance.
- Fully supervise the contracted guards and all activities at the main Entrance and immediately advise, sort or report any breaches.
- At least a Diploma in Business/Security related studies.
- Must have had security related trainings
- Minimum 4 years working experience handling security in a Hotel set-up
- Ability to clearly communicate and interview people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to function in stressful and potentially dangerous situations calmly and effectively.
- Demonstrated capacity to analyze complex situations, solve problems and manage change.
- Ability to use ICT tools and office packages (word, excel, power point, outlook etc.)
- Physically fit to complete Hotel walking patrols, climb stairs, run, climb, carry, lift
- Able to assist disabled, elderly individuals in guest service or emergency situations.
- Must be observant and pays attention to detail
- Clean record indicated by a genuine police clearance certificate.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Security Supervisor-Hospitality) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th May 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.