Job Vacancy: Senior Frontend Engineers
This is a great opportunity for experienced web technology experts with an entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a pioneering initiative in Nairobi.
We are ScrummIT and we just touched down in Nairobi. We are ambitious. We are international. And we breathe Agile development.
We’re looking for Senior Frontend Engineers to work on web development projects for major international customers.
This role will allow you to work with the best developers in The Netherlands and China, learn and develop new skills and meet our clients in Amsterdam.
What you will help build:
- Complex software solutions for major international customers in close collaboration with our CEO and product owner
- Code that is efficient, reusable, reliable and high quality
- Awesome applications that have the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness
- Project teams that work with focus and commitment to identify bottlenecks, bugs and solutions to solve and address these issues
- A team culture based on collaboration, trust, respect and openness
What you must have:
- Experience writing high quality HTML5 and CSS3
- Using library frameworks like Vue, React, and minimal Angular 2 (and up)
- Using Angular implies you know Typescript
- PWA (progressive web application) experience is desired
- Familiarity of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Experience with responsive design and frameworks
- Testing Frameworks such as: Selenium / JEST
- Experience with sketch is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of development best practices including unit and functional tests, CI, code reviews and documentation
- Knowledge of SASS, Less, or another CSS preprocessor
- GIT workflow management
- You have heard of that thing called Agile / Scrum and desperately want to be involved in it
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary package with full Medical coverage
- A 1-on-1 connection with the best and brightest developers in The Netherlands and China
- Close collaboration with Project Managers and Product Owners to get that international feel of doing business
- Inhouse and external training to bring yourself and the company to the next level
- An Agile coach that guides and trains you on a daily base
- An active role in a distributed/remote and 100% online development team
- A voice in shaping and enabling our goal to grow to 25 developers in Nairobi
- The possibility to travel to Amsterdam and meet our international clients
- Regular hackatons and Freaky Fridays to work on your own initiatives
How to Apply:
Apply to this job with your resume and GIT link at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title “Application – Sr. Frontend Engineer”
ScrummIT is an IT services company. ScrummIT is closely tied to rb2 in The Netherlands.
We create fully operational development teams for our clients all over the world. We work for brands like T-Mobile, Skyscanner, GoBear and so many more. Within our teams you will be focussed on delivering increments of working software, dedicated for one of our clients.
I am Mark van der Ploeg and I founded ScrummIT together with my business partner. Over 10 years I have managed and worked closely with international clients, as well as international IT teams. I have been responsible for building e-commerce platforms, meta search platforms and apps in different forms and shapes. The last 4 years I have lived in Hong Kong, Singapore and China, building development teams up to 50 people.
I am a true believer of self-organising and responsible teams. In other words: I believe in the Agile methodology. That means that everything I do is aimed to enable developers to deliver the best software possible.
Come work for us, it’s the start of something inspirational!