Our client, a locally registered Company which has operated for over 30 years is a primary supplier of hospitality related products to the Hotel / Hospitality Industry in Kenya.
They are looking to hire Showroom Sales Officers.
Location: Nairobi, Nakuru and Mombasa
Job Purpose: The role will undertake sale of the products and equipment to clients from the showroom.
- Maintain current product knowledge on features, benefits and availability of all saleable products and equipment within the showroom.
- Organize the showroom in the assigned manner ensuring the showroom is clean and well organized.
- Enlighten walk in customers about the Company’s products and equipment by undertaking walk throughs in the showroom.
- Conduct product and equipment demonstrations as required for walk in customers.
- Communicate company policies to customers such as sales procedures.
- Close and follow up on sales of products and equipment generated from the walk throughs.
- Follow through the sales process to ensure lead times are adhered to.
- Regularly update customers on sales order progress through email and telephone.
- Monitor emails to adequately respond and resolve customer queries.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner including proposals and quotations in a timely manner and follow up for customer action.
- Follow up with customers after sales to obtain feedback and continue to provide service.
- Provide feedback on customer feedback/comments relating to product information and pricing.
- Prepare accurate sales reports in a timely manner.
- Actively follow up on new leads and referrals generated through existing customers.
- Maintain sales management information for assigned customers.
- Monitor trends in existing customers business activities and follow up for return business or other business provided by the Company.
- Escalate and follow-up with relevant departments to ensure issues raised by customers or issues raised in regards to products are effectively addressed and in a timely manner.
- Attend applicable sales training and product education events/seminars organized by the Company.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance at all times.
- Occasionally work weekends, and after “normal” business hours for sales and service to customers.
Desired Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years product sales experience preferred.
- Experience in a showroom or hospitality sector preferred.
- Diploma in business related field.
- Experience in MS Office applications especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Customer service oriented with pleasant and outgoing personality.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather.
- Professional appearance with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
If you match the above requirements, please send as your CV in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Indicate the job title as the subject.