SNV – Netherlands Development Organisation
Job Vacancy: Business Development Coordinator
Company Description: SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization with long-term, local presence in more than 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Our team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
SNV’s work is funded by a wide range of national and international donors. Individual SNV countries are responsible to ensure own resource mobilisation in cooperation with the global Business Development Unit that sits at the corporate (Head office) level to coordinate and support lead and prospect development throughout the organisation.
Job Description: To support Business Development (BD) efforts to secure funding from a diversified, steady, and broader base of funders to support the expansion of SNV Kenya’s program models across all sectors and to develop new programs and partnerships that support SNV Kenya’s strategic priorities. You will report to the Country Director and work with the Sector leaders of Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
Proposal Development Responsibilities
- Conduct targeted research focused on the status of SNV Kenya’s interest areas; analyze donor landscapes; and read and synthesize technical documents.
- Facilitate/coordinate deadline-driven proposal development process: Coordinate proposal development team; manage inputs from multiple departments; liaise with a wide range of national and international donors
- Support the development of letters of inquiry and components of concept papers and proposals, by drafting/editing capacity statements and other supporting technical documents (e.g. organizational charts, budgets, graphics, and PowerPoint presentations).
- Compile final version of proposals, concept notes, etc.
- In coordination with Human Resources, Country Director, Sector Leaders and other Business Development staff, support recruitment of field-based staff for proposals, including posting job descriptions, tracking applicants, scheduling interviews, collecting and reviewing requisite application documents, formatting resumes for submission, and communicating with applicants throughout the process.
- Develop a deep understanding of SNV Kenya’s core competencies and Business Development (BD) strategy across Sectors.
- Track potential funding opportunities from public and private sector funders.
- Coordinate SNV Kenya’s Business Development efforts by drafting funder communications
- Support the BD department’s operational and funding objectives through inputting, managing, and reviewing business development opportunities as well as building and analyzing reports and dashboards on SNV Kenya Salesforce platform.
- Research, synthesize, and organize qualitative and quantitative information from diverse internal and external sources.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials for funder outreach, including print and web materials, in coordination with Country Management Team (CMT).
- Support funder cultivation activities through conducting research, drafting/editing documents, and participating in funder meetings.
- Provide BD related administrative support to CMT as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Master degree in international development, marketing or related area
- Minimum 3 years of specific experience within Business Development and understanding of bidding processes.
- Able to organise and deal with variety of operational requests with certain level of creativity
- Preference for a candidate with basic proposal development skills, including writing and editing. Experience working on proposals for USAID, DFID, and other overseas government development agencies, multilateral institutions, and private sector (corporate funders and/or private foundations) preferred.
- Ability and familiarity with supporting senior management teams to drive BD strategy
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, required
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Competencies and personal characteristics:
- Commercial drive, Communicative flexibility, Service-orientation, Analytical.
- Strategic thinker who is adept at multi-tasking in fast paced environment, able to plan, prioritize, and organize individual and group activities and processes;
- Outgoing, straight forward, and creative;
- Able to work independently and take initiative;
- Results oriented;
- Team-focused, must enjoy working as part of an active group of highly engaged, passionate individuals;
- Sharing information readily with co-workers, and listening to and respecting others;
- Able and willing to assist co-workers in the development of their own professional skills in order to ensure the team’s success;
- A person who presents a high degree of maturity, honesty, trust, sophistication, and integrity.
Contract Period: 6 months, with possible extension
Desired Start Date: As soon as possible but not later than June 30, 2018.
How to apply
Please CLICK HERE to apply online and submit a cover letter and CV in English before the 27th of May, 2018.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.