The Sotik Tea Companies
We are an organization located in a rural environment 50kms from Kericho town consisting of tea estates and two highly automated tea factories.
We have an innovative approach to the growing and manufacture of black tea and pride ourselves in the quality of our personnel and productivity.
We are seeking an applicant for the position of
Environment, Health and Safety Manager
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Ensure compliance to national legislation with regard to, Environment and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow up is done to minimize future exposure and proper
records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure Company and Outgrowers compliance to certification standards.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs.
- Manage all Environmental, Health and Safety activities.
Education / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science or equivalent.
- Post graduate certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Excellent computer skills and at least 3 years’ experience ¡n managing Environmental Health and Safety.
- Knowledge of local Environmental, Health and Safety laws.
- Experience with tea /agricultural sector ¡s an added advantage.
- Certification of NEMA to undertake Environmental audits is an added advantage.
Applications, including detailed C.V to be submitted to the
Sotik Tea Companies.
P.O. Box Private Bag 20406,
By 15th May 2018.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.