Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd (TIA)
Job Advert: Assistant Underwriters
Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd (TIA) is a pioneering dynamic Insurance Company introducing a new and exciting ethical perspective to the Insurance market in Kenya and the region. In line with our current strategy, we are expanding to the rest of Kenya.
We are in the process of recruiting highly qualified, experienced, competent and motivated individuals to fill the position of Assistant Underwriters for our upcoming branches in different regions within Kenya.
Job Type: Permanent & Pensionable
Location: Kitale, Nakuru, Meru, Eldoret, Kisumu and Kakamega
Reporting to: Branch Manager
Department: General Takaful
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying Insurance proposals
- Gathering and assessing background information in order to effectively assess the risk involved
- Computing results for appropriate premiums
- Drafting policy documents and processing policy endorsements
- Issuing renewal documents and endorsements
- Preparing renewal invitation – Renewal Notice/Risk Notes/Renewal Schedules
- Preparing Renewal Invoices /debits
- Processing debits and credits
- Dealing with correspondence in accordance with the mail handling procedures on issues of underwriting
- Attending to underwriting enquiries from direct Clients, Brokers and Agents
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of policies underwritten and decisions made
- Arranging for issuance of certificates or any other u/w documents that the clients may request
- Supervising, assigning tasks and coordinating activities in the section in the absence of the supervisor
- Performing any other duties as directed
- Diploma in Insurance
- Bachelor of Commerce (Insurance Option) or any other degree in a related field will be an added advantage
- At least 4 CII or AIIK papers
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in underwriting for General Insurance
How to Apply
Application letter, copies of current CV, academic and professional certificates should be send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to TIA Head Office, CIC Plaza, 3rd floor, Upper Hill, so as to reach the HR & Administration Manager on or before May 25, 2018 at 5pm.
Please clearly state the title as “APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANT UNDERWRITER” and indicate preferred region(s).