Job Vacancy: Telecommunications Technician
Job Location: Nairobi
Our client, a visionary and transformative leading quality player in the provision of goods and services in communications (both Radio Frequency terrestrial and satellite as well as cable-based installations from Ethernet Cat cable to fiber networks), electronic and niche type electrical solutions, is looking for an enthusiastic Telecommunications Technician to help in setting up the standards, processes and procedures for the services division of the organization.
- Installation of satellite dish antennae and associated cabling and termination is required. He should also understand at a working knowledge level) the different products and technologies and be able to make recommendations on best configurations of sign-l generation, transmission and receiver equipment.
- Assessment of client needs and estimation of best products and installations to meet the requirements of the client.
- Preparation of a bill of materials and estimation of the associated cost thereof.
- Deliver the installation to high standards of both electric-l/ Electronic/Communication wiring standards and good workmanship for aesthetic purposes.
- Be able to recommend and deploy a preventive as well as detective maintenance regime for the said equipment
- Must have a diploma in telecommunications engineering or an equivalent.
- 1 -5 years’ experience in installation of RF systems (preferably satellite solutions) and Ethernet protocol connections.
- Relevant experience in terrestrial and satellite TV installations including multiple end user terminal configurations. Familiarity with both RG and Cat cable installations and toolkits.
- Relevant experience in Ethernet and fiber cable network installations. Full familiarity with Cat and Fiber optic terminations and toolkits.
- Working knowledge (and demos tested ability to learn fast where no experience exists) of applications and software normally used to set up client terminals on both Satellite and Cable connections.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online on or before C.O.B 17th May 2018.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.