Vacant Position: Senior Technician
Region: Garissa & Mandera
Reporting to: Regional Team Leader FO
Department: Technology Division
Role Purpose: Execute the maintenance and operations activities on transmission equipment, ensuring the quality and continuity of the services as per the company KPIs.
He/she will also execute the transmission network extensions, detect and repair dysfunctions of transmission network elements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Periodically check/monitor booked faulty Trouble Tickets assigned
- Execute on the booked trouble tickets by repairing the dysfunctional transmission line/node within the set KPI.
- Work in Coordination with support and NMC teams while analyzing fault incidents, to ensure that accurate & timely correction is achieved and that clears are confirmed and communicated as necessary.
- Jointly perform new site commissioning tests with equipment vendors and only accept links/sites that qualify criteria set in the engineering standards & equipment factory specifications.
- Ensure transmission network functionality in the limit of KPI through interventions, corrective and preventive maintenance actions
- Establish the root cause of transmission network element failures
- Carry out implementations of work request and change request.
- Carry out post incident review and make reports.
- Perform transmission network monitoring
- Ensure that set objectives with line manager is achievable and deliverable
- Secure the tools and materials assigned
- Ensure good management of fleet assigned in fueling, maintenance and cleanliness.
- Prepare intervention reports
- Prepare periodic and ad-hoc reports to the team leader
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- University Degree OR Higher Diploma in Engineering, Telecommunication or other related field from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- 2-3 years Experience in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of telecommunications networks.
- Business acumen and principles and techniques of administration, organization and people management.
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications network design, implementation, operation and maintenance (mobile and data) methods and procedures, as well as computer software systems associated with such networks.
- Extensive knowledge of equipment and software characteristics of various telecommunications networks and their integration
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Organization and communication skills
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only.
If you are up to the challenge & fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 15th May 2018, please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Apply through email@example.com and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom is an equal opportunity employer