Trianum is the leading hospitality management company in Kenya. It is currently managing 5 Hotels and Serviced Apartments with over 500 rooms and has 1 new property scheduled to open soon.
We are seeking to fill the following position:
Job Summary: To ensure the smooth running of all Food and Beverage production outlets as well as ensure practice of high standards of hygiene, quality and productivity.
He/She interacts with the rest of the departments as a member of the team as well as the team from Trianum Hospitality. He/she is responsible for promoting the desired work culture around Trianum’s core values.
- Diploma/Certificate in Food production/Culinary arts from any Hospitality recognized Institution.
- Proficiency in hotel management systems and Microsoft office applications
- Candidates must have at least 2 years’ working experience in the same position, from either 3 or 4* hotels/hotel apartments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises other Food Production personnel on food preparation according to well defined recipes and menus and follows up and discusses ways of constantly improving the cuisine at the property.
- Actively involves in menu development/review and maintaining updated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to health standards in addition to explaining and enforcing hygiene regulations
- Works in close liaison with the F&B Controller and Stores personnel to ensure strict adherence to cost control policies and procedures. Estimate amounts and costs and requisition supplies and equipment.
- Planning, organizing and controlling the operations in the kitchen
- Coordinating food requirements with other supervisory staff
- Train and instruct cooks and workers in proper food preparation procedures.
- Supervise and lead staff in cost control management of food, supplies and equipment.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Ensure proper grooming and hygiene standards for all kitchen staffs
- Ensures all kitchen employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on food quality, presentation and service levels
Please send your cover letter, indicating your suitability to this role together with a copy of your updated resume, your current and expected remuneration and benefits to: email@example.com by Friday, 2nd June 2018.
Trianum is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.