Job Vacancies: Truck Drivers
Salary: Kshs.25, 500
Overall Responsibility: Our drivers are valued front-line team members, operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of waste or recyclable material and can also be used in dumping at designated county dumping sites.
Driver will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. Driver safely maneuvers vehicle in residential and industrial environments. Navigates high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots.
This position reports to Field Operations Coordinator – Service Tracking and Collections and Yard Operations.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and (Ministry of Transport) requirements as well as all local, traffic and central government laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard VSICL (Vehicle Safety Inspection Check List). If not done, will be held responsible for any negligence related breakdowns.
- Ensuring that the client signs the collection slips as well as Service/Job Card.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Service Tracking and Collections Coordinator and Customer Experience Coordinator.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Management.
- Works closely with FOC Service Tracking and Collections to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Customer Experience Coordinator of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Ensures that all the crew wear protective and safety gears during field operations.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager (FOC).
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Document and log work and kilometers spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts if any.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job holder supervises his route and ensures his route has 100% daily collection and bears the most responsibility for non-collections on his/her route as well as any damages due to negligence
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- O Level minimum D+ (Plus) or a college certificate
- Good knowledge of Nairobi County
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Good spoken English and Kiswahili
- Well groomed
- Valid truck driving license
- Certificate of good conduct
- KRA Pin
- Equity bank Account
- % Collection of route clients
- Negligence related incidences
- Time management
- Route efficiency management
- Crew discipline level
- Safety gear and regards to Safety and Health policies
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to email@example.com clearly indicating the job title on the subject line on or before 7th June 2018.