VisionFund Kenya (VFK) Limited is a fast growing financial service company and an investment of the World Vision Kenya.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self-driven person to fill the position of:
Internal Audit Manager
The Audit Manager reports directly to the Chief executive Officer and serves on the Senior Management Team.
The position functionary reports to the Board and Regional Audit Manager and Administratively to CEO.
Specific areas of responsibility:
- Provide technical guidance and direction in the Risk based Annual Audit Planning Process and compile draft audit plans for discussion, review and approval by the Regional Manager, VFK Leadership and the Board.
- Advice VFK Management on the formulation of risk management strategies and policies for all operations areas of the organization with a view of ensuring that all management policies adequately mitigate the risks identified.
- Provide summaries of audit findings trends to Senior Leadership and the Board Audit Committee
- Implement a system to track the implementation of audit recommendations by VFK Management.
- Ensure effective engagement with the VFK Board Audit Committee on the performance of the Audit Function.
People Management and capacity building
- Participate in recruitment of Audit staff and ensure effective performance management for direct reports.
- Provide capacity building to VFK Leadership and Audit team regarding the role of Internal Audit in Risk management and in the VFI Risk-based integrated audit approach from time to time.
- Guide and supervise the Audit Team in executing risk-based integrated audits.
Quality Assurance & Other
- Perform quality reviews of audit assignments and provide guidance to the Auditors regarding; relevant audit standards to be observed and maintained, timely review of Binders / Audit Files before issuance of reports.
- Support management during preparation for Global Centre Audit.
- Coordinate all external audit operations.
The ideal candidate MUST have
- University graduate preferably specializing in Accounting /Finances.
- Full accounting qualifications CPA or ACCA and a member of ICPAK
- Certification in CISA/CFE/CIA is an added advantage.
- Must have prior auditing experience of at least five years in a recognized organization, preferably in a microfinance or a bank. Two of these should be at a supervisory level.
- Experience in financial statements reporting as per IFRSs will be an added advantage.
- Practical experience in reporting to the Board/Board Audit Committee is required.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, and loan tracking system especially Sun systems and T24.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications, attaching copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating the expected remuneration daytime contact and addresses of 3 referees one of which must be a faith leader to reach the undersigned by 9th May 2018.
The position should be the subject of the email application.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
VISIONFUND KENYA LTD – Empowering Communities, Giving Hope”
For more information kindly visit our website: www.visionfundkenya.co.ke.