Watervale Investments Ltd
Vacancy: Marketing Specialist aka Brand & Buzz Specialist – Moko
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Who we are
Watervale is transforming Kenya’s furniture industry to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Joining us combines the stability of a mid-sized company with the growth opportunity of a start-up. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- More than doubled in size each year, growing from a start-up to mid-sized company
- Reached hundreds of thousands of Kenyan homes with our products
- Supported the growth of over 200 micro and small businesses across the country
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
We’re now launching a consumer line of products under the Moko brand. Innovation, creativity, collaboration and care lead everything we do at Moko. Starting with a pioneering collection of mattresses and sofas, Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home.
What you’ll make happen
Moko’s goal is to change the way people experience their everyday home. We have an ambitious development pipeline that spans mattresses to sofas with the goal of making our customers’ dream of leading a modern lifestyle a reality. We’re looking for a person who will be responsible for building buzz around the brand and get people talking about and buying Moko products.
The ideal Brand&Buzz Specialist is great at coming up with innovative marketing ideas and bringing these ideas to life: your passion in life is to propose new ideas and see them applied in the real world.
They have the ability to create marketing plans not only for the moment but for months to come. They are very analytical and prefer to design implementation tests that allow to make decision based on data. They have a good understanding of branding and marketing and are excellent at managing multiple tasks at once: nothing drops from their plate.
The job you dream of
- Be the creative force to help establish Moko as the most creative space in the home and living space
- Under the direction of the Head of Brand and Product Development, lead the ideation, creation and implementation of the marketing calendar for Moko Activities
- Create a 360 degree marketing plan for Moko i.e. offline, online, PR, traditional media, events and collaboration with influencers
- Translate the market research insights into marketing ideas
- Implement a clear test plan to evaluate the results and returns on each marketing activity to be able to make data-driven strategic decisions
- Manage the digital marketing team and create sync between Moko’s offline and online activities
- Manage the digital team to optimize Moko’s digital posts through a/b testing on our social media channels
- Define the online and offline customer buyer journey and manage our developers through the development of the Moko website and showcase our mattresses and sofas on the website
- Manage and work with our creative team i.e. the creative director & freelance designers to define the brand experiences for our customers e.g. nap station, home deliveries etc and produce creative collateral e.g. supermarket booths, mattress labels, vehicle branding, Moko uniforms etc.
- Come with up with ideas for the launch of the showroom and the sofas and bring these ideas to life
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
As a dream candidate:
- You are a creative force and can come up with innovative marketing ideas that push the envelope. You preferably have an understanding of branding and how to to bring a brand to life
- You have a passion to understand what makes people click and what makes an experience with brand worth talking about You are curious to translate that in real experiences for Moko’s customers
- You are both a strategic planner and an exceptional project manager who can bring your ideas to life on the ground
- You are a great team player and can work easily with people to get projects done
- You are detail-oriented, plan well in advance and can meet deadlines
- You possess a strong analytical toolkit, and you frequently apply quantitative analysis to decision-making
- You pay extra attention to details in everything you do without losing sight of the big picture and the goals that we want to achieve
- You have passion for training people and growing your team
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you are considered very self-managing and do best in an environment where you are given high-level goals and take initiative to achieve them
CLICK HERE to apply online