ZEP-RE (PTA Reinsurance Company) is a specialized institution of the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) established to service and develop the needs of the insurance and reinsurance industry within the Sub-Region.
We are seeking a high calibre and results-oriented professional to create growth, capacity, and competitive advantage in our business in the capacity of Technical Accountant.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya.
The Role: The purpose of the job is to ensure that complete and accurate clients’ records are maintained in liaison with the clients and other internal staff. This is to ensure and support efficient credit management of company resources.
The successful candidate will specifically undertake the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that clients’ accounts or the subsidiary ledger is well maintained and reconciled;
- Ensure that billing is promptly done, and clients’ statements are issued on time
- Provide accurate and timely credit management information and reports to the management for appropriate decision making;
- Ensure, in liaison with relevant officers, that all clients’ returns are rendered in line with the contracts;
- Collection of the funds due to the company on due dates;
- Provide other appropriate and relevant information to the clients;
- Assist in the formulation of budgets and budgetary controls in relation to credit management;
- Implement internal controls that support the production of accurate clients’ information;
- Preparation of monthly reports as well as quarterly reports;
- Perform any other duties as will be assigned from time to time.
The preferred candidate should have the following key qualifications and experience:
- Ability to work without or minimal supervision;
- Be able to meet strict reporting deadlines;
- Ability to adapt and work harmoniously with the rest of the team;
- Must have Reinsurance Accounting experience gained from an Insurance or Reinsurance Company of at least five (5) years;
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized university — Insurance, Actuarial and / or Commerce most preferred;
- Professional qualification in Insurance (CII or equivalent) and / or Accounting (CPA or equivalent) will be an added advantage;
- Reinsurance Practice qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit applications to the HR & Admin Manager by e-mail attaching a detailed CV with personal details of e-mail, telephone, current remuneration and three referees by Friday 11th May 2018 to: email@example.com
ZEP-RE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to gender equality in its staff.
Well qualified candidates, particularly females, are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED