An Exciting Opportunity
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/47
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in information Technology, Business Management, Accounting, Finance, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and related areas.
Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
We are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Workshop Technician in our Department of Engineering.
The position-holder’s responsibilities, among others, will include the following:
- Teaching at certificate and diploma level in areas allocated;
- Providing instructions to students in the effective and safe operation of a range of electrical workshop equipment and assessing their ability to work safely;
- Maintaining the workshop equipment and facilities and ensuring all workshops are under lock and key when not in use;
- Supporting students through guidance and assistance in the design and construction of a range of electrical systems;
- Supervising or assisting with supervision of any practical projects undertaken by the students;
- Ensuring practicum syllabus is sufficiently covered through preparing practical activities for students, training them and ensuring that students are sufficiently evaluated.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical and Electronics or related field or a Higher National diploma in Electrical and Electronics or related field;
- At least six months working experience in related field;
- Ability to handle practicals in the Electrical and Electronics field;
- Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application letters and updated CVs through the email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/47 indicating current and expected salary, not later than 7th June 2018.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER