African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
Job Vacancy: Driver
Short Term Contract (5 Months)
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) is a not-for-profit Pan-African institution, dedicated for the last 29 years to enabling the advancement of economic policy research and graduate training in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA).
The AERC’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the premise that sustained development in SSA requires well-trained, locally based professional economists.
AERC is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Driver, to assist the Training Programme at the Joint Facility of Electives (JFE). The JFE is an intensive teaching environment that offers a full range of elective courses at Masters and PhD level for students from various participating universities in SSA.
Apart from encouraging a more efficient use of resources, the JFE offers an ideal environment for networking and a structured exchange of people, ideas, materials and methods that reduce isolation and stimulate continued growth and collective improvement in quality. Each year, from late June to early November, eligible universities send their post-graduate students to the JFE to be taught elective courses by a team of internationally-recruited visiting lecturers/professors.
The JFE admits approximately 70 Masters and 30 PhD students after their successful completion of core courses in their home universities. This year, the JFE will be held at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS) from June 23 to November 4, 2018.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes official driving assignments and support services;
- Provides administrative office assistance to the JFE programme;
- Liaises with the JFE/SFSE Programme Administrator and the AERC Driver/Office Assistant to ensure that the programme vehicle is well maintained and is taken for servicing whenever due or necessary;
- Liaises with the JFE/SFSE Programme Administrator, the HRA unit and service providers to ensure that programme participants are transported to and from medical clinics and attended to in a timely manner;
- Ensures that the programme vehicle is regularly fueled, and that such fueling is appropriately authorized and records well maintained;
- Ensures that all journeys are appropriately pre-authorized and recorded accordingly;
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean at all times;
- Assists with the setting up and closure of the JFE;
- Undertakes other official duties as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum O-level education;
- Clean driving license for Class “A” and “E” vehicles;
- A minimum of 5 years’ driving experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English;
- Good team player, responsible, of high integrity and able to take initiative;
- Willingness to reside at the facility for 4 months.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application with a detailed CV, including email and telephone contacts by Monday 11th June 2018 to email@example.com