Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu
Exciting Career Opportunity: ACU Nurse
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, with plans to spread to Bomet.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the ACU In charge, the successful candidate will be responsible for promoting and maintaining high standards of professional nursing care by providing quality nursing services to meet the needs of critically ill patients and their families.
- Demonstrate clinical practice competence in nursing management of critically ill patients and those undergoing hemodialysis
- Participate in quality improvement and patient safety initiatives in the unit and in other departments.
- Ensures intra and interdepartmental collaboration
- Provide safe environment for patients through adherence to infection control practices and other safety policies, and perform timely safety checks.
- Implement safe custody and correct administration of drugs.
- Participate actively in CNE / CME / Audits.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BSc Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing Certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- Valid Kenyan Nursing practice license.
- Previous experience in Critical Care
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate Critical thinking and Analytical skills
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th June, 2018.
If you do not receive any response from us please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”